Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cart have you used, currently using, for a Hobie Pro Angler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cart have you used, currently using, for a Hobie Pro Angler?

Title says it all... having a hard time deciding whats best for the 2018 Hobie PA 14.

Have used C-tug and Boonedox with other kayaks in the past and loved them, but from my understanding, Boonedox is not recommended.

I have already bought the Hobie Trax-2 30CM sand cart but am having second thoughts because of trying to mount this while the kayak is in the water or using scupper holes.

My next bet would be a C-tug, but unsure of how it will fit the PA's very curvy hull, I may cause more damage than good moving it on that. I did see a video where people put the C-tug near the Mirage Drive area since its rounded to fit the C-tug, but then my concern would be stress on the drive area and causing cracks?

Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
    Any variation of a Hobie Cart
    57.14%
    C-Tug
    28.57%
    Boonedox Landing Gear
    14.29%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

Congratulations.

You're the first example of successful snakehead trolling I've heard of.

Personal bests on a kayak-
    Bass - 18.5''
    Striper - 22.5"
    Snakehead - 28"

https://www.rei.com/product/883360/s...saAnD-EALw_wcB

I use this one and have been very happy with the performance.

Comment

Impressive, never knew that existed, looks a lot more thought out than the hobie cart.

Congratulations.

Bass - 18.5''
      Striper - 22.5"
      Snakehead - 28"

Comment

Ive found the easiest cart to pull by far is the wheeleez sand cart. If the load is balanced properly, my 7yr old has been able to pull my 100+lb yak. I have to fight myself not to use it all the time regardless of ground type.

The c-tug is also nice, but Ive replaced their straps with something that holds better. The plastic strap clamp that came with mine pops open any time I hit a pebble.

I've shied away from anything that requires more holes in my boat (boonedox) or puts extra strain on a single point on the kayak (scupper carts).
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I appreciate the response, it also re-affirms I am not the only one with that same mentality (more holes/single point of weight).

I like how the c-tug and that other product listed, at least break down, so I can store it in the yak, or use on multiple yaks.

Congratulations.

Bass - 18.5''
          Striper - 22.5"
          Snakehead - 28"

Comment

I have the ctug. The straps aren’t the best thing and the wheels don’t work well on loose beach sand.
            I do like that I can take it apart. Makes storage easier and I’ve taken it out on the water with me instead of walking it back to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have the newer sand wheels or the original wheels on the c-tug?

Congratulations.

Bass - 18.5''
              Striper - 22.5"
              Snakehead - 28"

Comment

The 2-30 can pull over asphalt or sand. The hard tires can only pull over asphalt. I think you did well picking up the 2-30 (I have the Trax 2, Trax 2-30, and Heavy Duty Plug In). I also purchased the BLG, but never installed due to your exact concern, drilling more holes into the hull makes me un-easy...
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

How do you mount/manage the 2-30 while the yak is in the water?

Congratulations.

Bass - 18.5''
                  Striper - 22.5"
                  Snakehead - 28"

Comment

The Sea to Summit cart wheels can be removed with those cool spring clip cotter pins. I usually leave the wheels on and put the cart in the back of my kayak. I don't have the sand wheels on mine. I bungee it down. I think I might have a photo that shows it in the back of my kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by curtisakatoyo View Post
                      How do you mount/manage the 2-30 while the yak is in the water?
                      They fit perfectly inverted and inserted into the rear carry handle. I'll try to find a picture.
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

What about the effort of putting them in the scuppers while the kayak in the water, so you can get back to the truck? I feel like with the huge balloon wheels it would be a PITA.

Congratulations.

Bass - 18.5''
                        Striper - 22.5"
                        Snakehead - 28"

Comment

I have the Boonedox with the C-Tug Sand wheels and love it. I like the C-Tug sand wheels for they do not float and work on ALL surfaces. Plus no worry of a flat. The BLG allows me to roll right up to the ramp, drop the wheels and take it right to the truck and load.
                          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

I bought my PA12 on here from a member that already installed the boonedox. I can understand people feeling uneasy about drilling and all, but it has worked well for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            Jayce
                            2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                            2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Working...
                            X