CCA Annapolis Chapter banquet - April 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Annapolis Chapter banquet - April 5

Many Snaggedline members live in Anne Arundel County or fish in the waters near Annapolis. One of the organizations that helps support the future of our fishing in Maryland is the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Maryland. The statewide organization is divided into a series of regional chapters. I am a member of the Annapolis chapter. Matt Baden (the hobielife) and long-time Snaggedline member is the chapter president.

The annual chapter banquet, which is a primary source of revenue for the chapter as well as helping to support the statewide CCA organization, is scheduled for Friday April 5 starting at 6:30. The banquet will be held at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's beautiful facility on the bay near Bay Ridge. The banquet features shucked oysters, a great buffet dinner, and plenty of beverages. Many items will be available for silent auction and live auction. I donated a half-day, shallow water, light tackle trip in Eastern Bay on my center console boat as one of the live auction items. Any donations of new fishing or kayaking equipment are welcome.

I would love to see strong support from the Snaggedline community for this event. Tickets are now available for sale at https://annapolis19.auction-bid.org/...gister-tickets. Single tickets (with most of the cost being tax deductible) cost $80. A set of two tickets (couple price) is $145.

As a further incentive, if you buy tickets before March 15, you will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of Costa del Mar sunglasses.

2019 banquet graphic.jpg
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

The CCA Annapolis banquet is about two weeks off. There are plenty of tickets left for sale. I hope to see more kayak anglers participate this year.
    John Veil
    Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

We’ll see you there John & Matt!
      Used to fish more.

Comment

Got mine!
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

As of last evening, there were only about 30 tickets left for the April 5 banquet. If you have been debating whether to get a ticket or not, go ahead and get it now to avoid later disappointment.

There will be plenty of good food and drink and some freshly shucked oysters. The fundraising efforts include live auctions for larger items, silent auctions for smaller items, raffles, and a chance to purchase CCA rods with some raffle tickets thrown in for each purchase.

Please help support CCA's bay conservation efforts.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            As of last evening, there were only about 30 tickets left for the April 5 banquet. If you have been debating whether to get a ticket or not, go ahead and get it now to avoid later disappointment.

There will be plenty of good food and drink and some freshly shucked oysters. The fundraising efforts include live auctions for larger items, silent auctions for smaller items, raffles, and a chance to purchase CCA rods with some raffle tickets thrown in for each purchase.

Please help support CCA's bay conservation efforts.

Well said John, We really hope to see many of you there! Come on out and lets talk fishing!!
            Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
            CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by thehobielife View Post
              Well said John, We really hope to see many of you there! Come on out and lets talk fishing!!
              We missed you at Boatyard for the 'Tuna Show' - was a fun night.

I just ordered tickets for Stacey and I, we will see you guys there!
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                We missed you at Boatyard for the 'Tuna Show' - was a fun night.

I just ordered tickets for Stacey and I, we will see you guys there!
                Great, and yes unfortunately work for me isn't super flexible, so I missed it the other night.
                Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
                CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Working...
                X