2019 - Perchin' i.e. Chesapeake Panfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 - Perchin' i.e. Chesapeake Panfish

Friday Anglers posted some ig videos regarding new tiny solid body tube style plastic just released from Bustem' Baits, called the STINGER. It's similar to the panfish assasin 'pro tiny shad' however in a comparison video, the Bustem Stinger has much better action/vibration in the slender tail than the competition. I stopped by Anglers this past Saturday for their sales event, and every single STINGER color was sold out. I did pickup a few stingers they had pre-rigged with some flash/glitter on a 1/8" or 1/16" jighead, but they were $5 for a pack of two, instead of the $5 for a pack of 25 I was hoping to purchase just the tube bodies.

I was down in Annapolis at a construction site this morning, and stopped by All Tackle; They have them in-stock, and $3.99 for a pack of 20 or 25 (can't remember). I picked up White / Clear Glitter / Chart / Chart Clear Glitter, and Pink. I did not grab the green or orange, but I did also pickup a double rig pre-rigged with a Green Top & Orange Bottom, $3.99 also.

I think this new tube body will be a killer setup, getting ready for the Spring 70* days!

P.S. - Here is what they look like. I'll post pictures of my purchases when i'm off work tonight...

Panfish Assasin - Pro Tiny Shad 2"

Bust'Em Baits - STINGER

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

These are new? I've had them for years, but maybe I got a special hookup...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Talking with Alex at Anglers, they were stocked but never really sold well... I guess the proof is in the pudding, a few viral video reviews and now they are mainstream & sold-out.

I'd never heard of them until this past Friday.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Sounds like good marketing on Anglers part. Take an item that isn't selling, post huge successes in a video and sell out. Look forward to your report of success, it'll mean a lot more.

Comment

I have used the Bust-Em stingers attached to 1/16-oz jighead on a tandem rig for shad fishing . They catch shad. I also often use 2" twister tails, which catch shad too. I did not observe any difference between the two in catching success. Since I already had a bunch of the twistertails, I have not needed to buy any more stingers. When the time comes, I will consider both options and choose primarily on cost.

They should work for perch fishing too.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Those Tiny Shads burn up fish already so I'm sure the Stingers will work just as great. Like John, a 2" Yum or Big Bite grub is killer too. A tandem rig with one shad and one grub is pretty much my go to perch setup.

I'll have to keep my eye out for the Stingers so I can give them a try sometime. Thanks for sharing.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X