I hate treble hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate treble hooks

Went back out to try for some more stripers this weekend. I had 4 rods rigged up with plastics and plugs and ready to go. Loaded my stuff in my outback , hooped in and started to paddle out. the rods were all in my crate and one rod with a plug on it was right behind my seat. Well I guess I leaned back too far and both trebles got hooked on my dry suit and my life vest. Tried to get it unhooked with my hand behind my back and almost got my hand stuck on the treble as well. That would have been good, I wasn't far from shore by I elected to kneel down in the yak, unzip my dry suit, fold it down to my waist, bring it around and unhook the trebles. Hopefully they didn't go all the way through my suit. Fished for 4 hours and got 1 18". Need to put single hooks on my plugs.

Originally posted by mike o View Post
    Went back out to try for some more stripers this weekend. I had 4 rods rigged up with plastics and plugs and ready to go. Loaded my stuff in my outback , hooped in and started to paddle out. the rods were all in my crate and one rod with a plug on it was right behind my seat. Well I guess I leaned back too far and both trebles got hooked on my dry suit and my life vest. Tried to get it unhooked with my hand behind my back and almost got my hand stuck on the treble as well. That would have been good, I wasn't far from shore by I elected to kneel down in the yak, unzip my dry suit, fold it down to my waist, bring it around and unhook the trebles. Hopefully they didn't go all the way through my suit. Fished for 4 hours and got 1 18". Need to put single hooks on my plugs.
    Mike, yes indeed! Single inline hooks are the way to go. Safer for you AND the fish! I'm also glad you got the trebles unhooked!

On another note, I went out today and nabbed 5 stripers, similar in size to the one shown here. All caught while jigging in 22'-25'. NOTHING on the troll for 3 hours, then bam!

Tight lines baby!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Good to see you are getting some action Jim. My fish were all caught on the troll, nothing jigging yet.

Comment

Working...
      X