No announcement yet.

Saturday- Sept 17- where are you going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday- Sept 17- where are you going?

Thanks to the rain last night my wife has released me for Saturday duty at the Charles County fair- it is just too muddy for us- so, where are you headed out Saturday? it is in the low 40's this am- so the weather is definitely cooler- I am planning to join Tufnik at PLO tomorrow- looking at the satellite photos from Piney Point south the water looks clear from space- figure to fish for speckled trout, croakers, and flounder or whatever we can catch-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

sat is out for me...still hunting with my boy....we were successful last night (opening day)! Looks like my daughter's insect project will keep me out Sunday too!! Arrgghhh!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Tentatively planning on going to DE. I had considered PLO but decided I have made that trip enough, might as well give DE another go.
      Used to fish more.

Comment

If I was in town, I would join one of you, but I am in Florida until Tues. I plan on doing some night fishing tonight. Sunny here in the 80's....

Comment

Yeah, Ron, see down there. I'll be there before 7 am. Launch at the store/marina.

DE was my other choice, but that's probably for the following weekend. Wanted to go for togs, but I heard it's out of season.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I might make the trip though it's a 2hr drive from here. I haven't been to PLO since the June M&G. I'll be at the store around 7am, hopefully I see you guys.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

OK- I'll pull out of the yard around six am and meet you at the store parking lot at 7-

Comment

Damn, well due to a poor night's sleep I didn't make the trip. I set my alarm and tried, but really can't function on 3 hours of sleep.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Tufnik and I killed them today- Blues, Specked trout and Stripers- and the Ugly Ducking did the job really well...It rained, wind blew, rough chop and it was cold, but the fish were biting-
                  Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-17-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

There were birds flying around this area 100 yards south of the Point, just on the east side of the sand bar. Swells and chops were 4-5 ft, but I went out anyway. On my first cast with a jig and grub worm I hooked up. With fish on and facing the big chops, I immediately headed out of the area to calmer water. Didn't want to go back. Wind and chops were bad. Blue was 14 1/2 inches.

We also saw saw a beached and obviously dead turtle on the west side of the inlet. Maybe 4+ feet long head to tail.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Turtle.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice, I had a feeling the water was going to be rough. That turtle looks like an Atlantic Green Sea Turtle. Did you get the fish all bottom jigging or trolling as well?

btw...what kind of fish is this?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...011_0917AI.jpg
                        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice job on the feesh..

Thanks for the pics and report.

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
                            Nice, I had a feeling the water was going to be rough. That turtle looks like an Atlantic Green Sea Turtle. Did you get the fish all bottom jigging or trolling as well?

btw...what kind of fish is this?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...011_0917AI.jpg
                            We caught them both ways, jigging and trolling.

It is a "lizardfish" and I have caught them down in Hampton Roads before off Buckroe Beach around Ft. Monroe fishing for flounder at the Hampton Bar. The winds were high today- steady 20 gusting higher- Cornfield Harbor was mostly in the lee of the NE winds but if you got out a ways it chopped up quickly- the rain was constant- Tuf and I fished seven hours in the rain and we were pretty soaked when we finally called it a day- I think I threw the towel in first- but we beached our yaks together. All in all it was a very good day. I must have caught several dozen Blues and released them all as I did with the Stripers- I did bring the specked trout home for dinner, though.
                            Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-17-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

You should have seen Ron. It was his first outing on his Outback. He sure was having fun out there. Even in the wind and rain he was all smiles. He said the Ugly Duckling definitely earned its keep

Comment

Working...
                              X