Good Day on the Gunpowder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day on the Gunpowder.

Had a pretty good day fishing out off of Mariner park this past Tuesday. Caught 2 small largemouth on a crank bait and a bunch of crappie and a few sunfish and another small largemouth on a beetle spin with power grub tail.
    IMG_1308.jpgIMG_1310.jpgIMG_1311.jpgIMG_1312.jpgIMG_1313.jpg
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 11 (Sea Grass Green)
    Hummingbird Helix 5 CHIRP SI GPS G2

jbower679,

You had no issues with the Mirage drive bottoming out there? Looks like you had a good time.

John B
    John B

Jackson Cuda 14 (Yellow Jacket)
    Hobie Outback (Papaya)
    Jackson Coosa (Forest Camo)

Comment

There are a few shallow spots where I have to paddle around there but I never have problems with my drive hitting bottom.

Comment

John B - What area did you fish back there? I've never been and I've been planning a trip(targeting bass) out of Mariners Point Park... I was planning to hit the creeks/coves and not so much the heavy populated neighborhood docks...
        - Justin
        2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
        2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by jmt1980 View Post
          John B - What area did you fish back there? I've never been and I've been planning a trip(targeting bass) out of Mariners Point Park... I was planning to hit the creeks/coves and not so much the heavy populated neighborhood docks...
          Justin,
          I have never been there. I was asking jbowers679. Perhaps he can answer. I am definitely going to try there.
          John B

Jackson Cuda 14 (Yellow Jacket)
          Hobie Outback (Papaya)
          Jackson Coosa (Forest Camo)

Comment

That's who I meant to ask - I misread who typed what response in the thread... Sorry!!!
            - Justin
            2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

yes there is good fishing all back through out the marsh area. I caught 3 more largemouth yesterday back there. It is also nice fishing back there because only very small boats can make it in. I have always caught fish when I am there. here are a few pics from back in the marsh and one from where it opens up very wide like a small lake with a island in the middle. IMG_1135.jpgIMG_1138.jpgIMG_1139.jpgIMG_1140.jpgIMG_1141.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X