Marshal Hall Safety???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshal Hall Safety???

Okay fellow SL members that launch from Marshal Hall. How safe is the area??? While looking up the area, I kept coming across post about high theft and drugs at this ramp site. My Daughter and her BF want to go after some Blue Cats and I was thinking about taking them there this Friday. Depending on the weather and river flows. Speaking about river flows, how is the river in this area?? They have only been kayak fishing for several months.

So any input would be very appreciative and helpful.

Thank you
    2017 Hobie PA14

I’ve never had a problem here with the fish or the anglers. Water can get swift but the only time I’ve seen it really rough is when the wind picks up. When you exit the ramp there is a channel marker to your left. I would head towards that and drop anchor in about 15-20 feet of water just off the point where the Ft. Belvoir Officer’s club is. You can pull out decent size blue whiskers all day from that one spot without ever losing sight of the ramp. Would love to go with if I didn’t have to work for a living! Tight lines, circle hooks, and chicken breasts are your best friends. Good luck

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

There are always some shady characters around but I've never gotten the feel that they were interested in the vehicles there.....I think it's just a good place to exchange "recipes" and "vegetables"...... now the launch at Farmington landing on the Piscataway? Now, there is some wild goings on there.
      Ling story, but last time Ictalarus Bill and i were there I was mistaken first for a Redskin and later for a professional wrestler....haha....of course the confused fellow was the self proclaimed Michael Jordan of cornhole!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        There are always some shady characters around but I've never gotten the feel that they were interested in the vehicles there.....I think it's just a good place to exchange "recipes" and "vegetables"...... now the launch at Farmington landing on the Piscataway? Now, there is some wild goings on there.
        Ling story, but last time Ictalarus Bill and i were there I was mistaken first for a Redskin and later for a professional wrestler....haha....of course the confused fellow was the self proclaimed Michael Jordan of cornhole!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
        LOL!

But seriously, I concur.
        Marshall Hall is safe. It’s a very popular launch on weekends. You also will find some folks picnicking... some walking their dog... it’s a nice park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

The cops patrol ths ramp heavily, when I was there I saw at least 3 roll through and that was like 4 mins while I was unloading my yak
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
          X