Anybody venturing out this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody venturing out this weekend?

I got rained out last Sunday, and was thinking about getting out Saturday early. Will have the wife with me, so it will be a combination fishing/sight seeing trip. Hopefully the Flats will clear up by then, but if not, what do you think the Severn will be like? Or Church Creek for that matter. That's about as far we we can drive and make it back for other things we have going on this weekend.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Severn should work for you all. Would be happy to join if not for a previous engagement. Sights and sounds of the Severn are always pleasant. The fishing has been good as well. Have not had a skunk trip while trolling swimbaits yet.

Just make sure to plan around the boat traffic that I know will be out.
    Annapolis
    2018 Vibe Sea Ghost 110
    Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 - For when the fish aren't biting

Comment

I may head to the flats Saturday afternoon if it clears up.

Comment

With a favorable wind forecast, I will...us old retired guys usually leave weekend fishing to the working folks who only have weekends, but with seven consecutive rainy, windy weeks in a row, just getting a window to go has been difficult..and I would really like a nice mess of fresh white perch filets for a fish fry...so my light spinning outfits with mini crankbaits and perch pounders will get a workout. Hopefully the perch will cooperate..
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'll probably fish Eastern Bay tomorrow morning at first light. Looking to catch and release stripers and maybe find some white perch as well.
          Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Snake hunting for me this weekend. 3am alarms never sounded so sweet!
            Matt
            Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
            2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
            10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Same here, was planning on sunday, but AM thunderstorm forecast is changing my plans to saturday, likely mattawoman but my plans aren't set in stone...
              Last edited by thedutchtouch; 05-17-2019, 10:46 AM.
              -Justin

Comment

I was looking forward to heading down to Blackwater tomorrow to hunt down my first snake... until the boss "invited" me to be at the shop at 7 tomorrow! {sigh} Those snakes will be mine someday.
                Adam

Anagennisi- 2017 FeelFree Moken 12.5- Orange Camo

Comment

@ronaultmtd....
                  you bet... this rain and wind has been crazy.......
                  Thanks for all your posts...
                  I couldn't resist to get out in what might be a decent day of light winds..
                  even with the possibility of the highway boat traffic..

@rugby... glad you got down to the water... the perch are out your way...
                  don't look in the regular places..
                  Softshells are coming soon !!!!!!

It was my first day of perch fishing using lures... the other time was with bloodworms..
                  which is cool... but tossing lures is different.

Them perch are out there folks... you might have to change tactics with lures and your favorite spots...

Comment

Working...
                  X