Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Watersnake trolling motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Watersnake trolling motor?

I am working up a plan to put a trolling motor on my small yak. I am not going to make it sophisticated like my other, I just want a small motor to side mount. I have MK's and they are heavy, even the Endura 30 which is 18 pounds. The watersnake is somewhere around 7 which will work out much better. I plan to hook up a PWM so I can use a 35AH battery.

With arthritis kicking the snot out of me, this will give me the ability to go out on days when I may have to paddle back against the wind. Another upside is I won't have to lug my heavy yak up that dang hill at Home Port Farms anymore.

TIA
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=watersnake

Comment

Thanks Rob, I did a lot of google searches and found a few folks who did the same thing as MOC. For some reason, I didn't think to search this forum directly.

I already put together all the parts for the mount and PWM, so last night I pulled the plug and ordered the motor. Since it isn't covered under Amazon's prime shipping, I won't get it for a week or two.
      I'll report again after I get on the water.
      John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
        Thanks Rob, I did a lot of google searches and found a few folks who did the same thing as MOC. For some reason, I didn't think to search this forum directly.

I already put together all the parts for the mount and PWM, so last night I pulled the plug and ordered the motor. Since it isn't covered under Amazon's prime shipping, I won't get it for a week or two.
        I'll report again after I get on the water.
        Too bad I just say this thread. I have a new extra water snake that I am not using. I could have sold it to you for a good price. Next time.....
        MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
        2016 Hobie Outback LE
        Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
        https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

No problem. I saw your white perch Memorial Day video. Dang, you were cleaning up!
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Working...
          X