Time to pony up more $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to pony up more $$

Trips across the bay will costs a lil bit more soon...

The toll for the Bay Bridge will go from $2.50 to $4 on Nov 1. In 2013, the toll will increase again to $6.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

I know one thing...next year I will definitely be purchasing the Queen Anne County permit to avoid payin ten buck a pop for my trips to Romancoke & Matapeake.
    <insert witty comment here>

Yeah, SurfDog talked me into getting a pass ($35), but it was well worth it. I will get one again next year. It sucks about the BB tolls. Imagine how much it would be if you trailer your Yak!

Comment

Sheesh!

I hope the $35 ramp permit doesn't go up. Definitely a steal for the access it provides you.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Is that all it is for the permit? $35 is pretty good. I might have to start crossing the bridge with my yak.

When my dad and I trailer our boat across it's 9 bucks in toll. 2.50 for the car, the rest for the trailer. That's a little steep, and getting steeper.

Comment

That is why I stopped trailering my canoe, and will only cartop my yak across the bridge. $35 is a good deal since you can use any of the QuennAnne county ramps over there. It cost $10 just to use the ramp. So if you fish there just 4 times for the year, then you are ahead of the game. Also, If you fish in Talbot County, all of their ramps are free....Another reason to fish over the Bridge.

Comment

There are fish on the western shore.
            Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-22-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I hope they start passing out lube at the toll windows before they F@$% us.

The original purpose of the toll was to maintain the bridge and it worked fine until the government started double dipping into the funds for other projects.

I feel sorry for the trucks and people hauling boats now. They are going to get hit the hardest.

Guess its time for me to get an easy-pass.

Comment

yeah we are paying for the sorry ass county connector toll road that no body uses BB was 2 mill. in the black on its own

there are fish on the west side but access is very limited

Comment

Bohica!

Comment

It's a sign of the times really, prices going up everywhere as the economy implodes. Fortunately I don't travel often across those tunnels/bridges.
                    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                    X