Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to the Fish N Paddle Saltwarter Slam in OC on 6/29 - 6/30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Fish N Paddle Saltwarter Slam in OC on 6/29 - 6/30?

I'm signed up but not sure how to fish the inlet. Any suggestions? The website has a map showing good spots.

Thanks,
    Eric

I might but I can’t spend $500 on a place to stay.

Also, I don’t have a rudder for my kayak and they aren’t allowing Torqeedos so I’m in a bit of a pickle.
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

I hear you on the expensive lodging. Worse case scenario, I'll drive down and fish then drive home. I'm looking for camp grounds that are not filled up.

Comment

There are a ton of ways to fish the inlet depending on what species you're targeting. I'm not participating in the tournament so I'm not sure what species score, but this time of year you can catch stripers, blues, flounder, and sheepshead inside the inlet. There have been some nice weakfish around too I hear. Tog are still being caught, but the season is currently closed until July 1.

The biggest thing out there is safety if it's you're first time. Be visible, keep your head on a swivel, and expect a lot of boats and boat wake.

There is some useful information in this thread for fishing the inlet: http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ighlight=inlet
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X