Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes a kayak with a built-in transducer mount besides Pescador, Vibe, and Malibu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes a kayak with a built-in transducer mount besides Pescador, Vibe, and Malibu

There's a little something about each of the three mentioned that I don't like but I do want to move on to a kayak where I can get the fish-finder all cleaned up. I don't care for an inside hull mount nor do I like wires tossed over the side. Thanks.

The Ocean Kayak Trident has a transducer mount molded into the right front scupper.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
      The Ocean Kayak Trident has a transducer mount molded into the right front scupper.
      Thanks John. I probably should've stated that I want an open bow kayak. I waterfowl hunt and I need the extra space up front.

Comment

Other then those I could only find the 3waters big fish line or Bonafide rs117. I dont know how NuCanoe does fish finder mounts. But not many kayak have open bows. The native slayer line is really nice with pretty deep scuppers you might be able to do a clean install.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
        Desert Camo- Moken 14
        Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Native offers at least three models with built in transducer mounts and large bow wells that are covered. If you wanted the bow well open, just leave off the cover

1) Native Ultimate FX Propel 13 http://nativewatercraft.com/product/...e-fx-propel-13

2) Native Titan 12. http://nativewatercraft.com/product/titan-propel-12/

3) Native Titan 13.5 http://nativewatercraft.com/product/titan-propel-13-5/

Another of Native's long-term designs, the Ultimate comes in 12' and 14.5' tandem. You may also find an older used 14.5 non-tandem model. It does not have a transducer mounting plate, but could easily be set up with a shoot-through-the-hull transducer setup using Duct Seal putty. Both are fully open boats that are often used for waterfowl hunting because of their open layout.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hobie, unless I misunderstand the question.
            Originally posted by pbharvey View Post
            There's a little something about each of the three mentioned that I don't like but I do want to move on to a kayak where I can get the fish-finder all cleaned up. I don't care for an inside hull mount nor do I like wires tossed over the side. Thanks.
            Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
            Jim McFalls
            MSG US Army Retired
            US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
            2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
            2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
            Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
            YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Originally posted by pbharvey View Post
              No one...you have to install or have it installed professionally...none come fully equipped...almost all fishing kayaks made today have the necessary moulded in transducer fittings...but someone has to install a battery and battery holder, run the wiring through the inside of the hull and use waterproof through hull fittings for the wiring and transducer wire, install the electronics mount to hold the fishfinder securely and out of the way of paddling and/or peddling..if you add a combination Chartplotter/sonar unit to your kayak, plan on spending $700 -$1000 for outfitting your new kayak for fishing...
              Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-13-2019, 01:53 PM.
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

If open bow you mean not having a covered front with a large front hatch then two I can think of The Feel Free Lure ll, which is a tandem but converts to a great open bow single or the Feel Free Dorado. The Lure utilizes an electronics pod that a transducer can mount to the bottom, keeps the wires contained inside, has ample room for the FF battery and the unit mounts to the top lid making the entire system easy to install and remove via the hull pod opening.. Been using my Lure for 4 years now but it is the 13.5 not the tandem.

Comment

John V. mentioned the Ultimate 14.5. True, it does not have the built-in transducer mount, but short of a canoe, I cannot think of a kayak with more open space in the front.

Here's what mine looks like from the seat:

P1030625.jpg

It also has lots of space behind the seat:

P1030617.jpg

It would certainly meet your waterfowl needs.

It has large capacity too. It's rated for 450 pounds.

It tracks well and it's faster than my Ultimate 12.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X