Dumb Visipole question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Visipole question

My new Visipole showed up on Wednesday in time for me to test it out in the afternoon and evening. It's pretty sweet and was a good buy. Thanks to all those who helped arrange the group purchase.

I noticed the cone of the light had a thin strip of clear-ish plastic inside it. Is that just for protection during shipping, or does it help reflect/diffuse the light? I left it in there since I didn't see anything in the instructions, it seemed to be jammed in pretty tight, and it didn't interfere with anything. Has anyone removed the plastic?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

I believe it helps to diffuse the light. The sternlight that I used prior to getting the visicarbon had a white plastic thing sort of over the light too. I took it out to see what it looked like without it and the light did not show up nearly as well from a distance.

I think the light illuminates the white plastic and helps add to the visibility.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The LED reflects off that little diffuser. Otherwise, there would have to be more LEDS aimed in all directions. LEDs are kind of directional.

Comment

+ 1 to what dogfish said. The angle of illumination of white LEDs is very narrow. Using that strip to bounce the light out is pretty clever.
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Cool. Thanks, gents. I'm glad I didn't yank it out.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X