Fishing sept 30 -oct 1-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing sept 30 -oct 1-2

Hello all i figured i would start this post super early this week wanted to see who was going were and what time so i could give the misses a heads up early post ya plans.

I'm good for the 2nd in the morning. Also still diong the M&G on the 22nd. Thats all providing I have my truck back. Getting a new Transmission. Yeah the bad luck monkey got me again.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Im really tempted to try the choptank in search of Specks.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

What part of the Choptank are you considering? Cambridge or upper near denton? I'm pretty sure it goes up that far... Gotta check a map to be 100%. Id be up to try something different. I'd be interested in seeing what was in the Choptank. Where would you put over at?
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
          Im really tempted to try the choptank in search of Specks.
          yo shady what day do you want to try out chop ? i may have to try out the new pro angler.

Comment

I can go either saturday or sunday. I dont really know much about the area and have never fished it but it sounds like people are catching blues, stripers, and specks in many of the creeks off of the northeast portion of the choptank. From DNR boat ramp atlas, it sound like you can launch a kayak from all Talbot county ramps without a permit. Anyways, I was thinking of giving it a try from Neavitt landing for Balls Creek or Broad Creek. I also dont know the best way to fish for Specks, so maybe some of the people that caught specks in TKAA tournament could lend some tips on fishing for them?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I am going out on the river for a few hours this Wednesday. I have a new prop on the electric motor to try out. I hope it will give me a little more speed. I am also going to go over to the Turkey Point area to give that area a try. Of course, if its not too rough out, I will be trolling first.

Comment

Ok Bassman and Shady, I’m going keep an eye on this thread. Neavitt landing sounds cool. Looks like I will be good for Saturday, so post the day you guys pick and the time. Shady you are correct, no permit needed if car topped. Anybody know how the fishing is in that area?
                2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

gonna check out neavitt on Thurs. From What I understand a lot of specks and there are some really nice ones mixed in. Gonna throw some of those lil jimy jigs and some plastic at them. I have never been fishing there, only the third time out in the yak. I am gonna look for grass and current and start tossing.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha550 View Post
                    gonna check out neavitt on Thurs. From What I understand a lot of specks and there are some really nice ones mixed in.
                    Let us know how you make out.
                    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Ive seen some reports of people catching the specks on gulp swimming mullet or grub. I think those work for pretty much anything... I've caught catfish, walleye, flounder, bluefish, striper and croaker on them.
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

can anyone tell me where neavitt is and some type of time and day that is somewhat nailed down? If I get my truck back by then I want to get out on the water.
                        Thanks
                        Tom
                        Tom Brown
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Im good to go either Saturday or Sunday around 5:30 or 6 am. Neavitt Landing is at 6151 Long Point Road, Bozman, MD 21612. If you put the address in google maps, it doesn't seem to be quite where the ramp is, but if you follow Long Point Road south and then east from the point identified on the map as the address, the ramp is at the end of long point road.
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I would be up to hitting it again either sat or sun.

Comment

Ok guys, how about meeting there 6am Saturday? I would like to catch some specks. Sounds like bait will be something white in Gulp.
                              Don
                              2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                              2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
                              X