Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Fish Crab Alley or Eastern Bays Lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Fish Crab Alley or Eastern Bays Lately?

Thinking about heading to the other side of the bridge one day this weekend. My pro guide buddy tells me the fishing has been great down that way, although I'm not sure how far or where he goes when he fishes out of Crab Alley.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Fishing was slow out of Goodhands Creek launch yesterday. Trolling produced almost nothing (lots of SAVs near the shore interfere with trolling). I have not been in Crab Alley for a while.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Fishing was slow out of Goodhands Creek launch yesterday. Trolling produced almost nothing (lots of SAVs near the shore interfere with trolling). I have not been in Crab Alley for a while.
      John, thanks for the info. Crab Alley Bay is one of my favorite places to fish, and easy access/nice launch. Also considering Lowes Wharf over to Poplar Island.

Btw, I recently joined CCA and I am looking forward to meeting you and hearing your talk at the upcoming meeting...even though I have already read your book!
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Crab Alley has been slow for me since May, only a few short stripers here and there.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Did Cabin Creek a few weeks ago, grass everywhere and crab boats in our favorite cove, where they had never been before.

Yak67
          2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
          2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

I fished Crab Alley a few weeks ago, but the fishing was slow at the time. I manged a few perch and few short stripers up to 17.5 inches. It may have improved over the last few weeks, but I cannot say for certain.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Fished there Sunday morning, around the duck blinds. Caught one barely legal striper, and a few smaller ones. Current was really not moving while I was there though.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.
                2015 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                X