Lake Roland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Roland

Has anyone been lately? Any decent bass action there? Last posts I found were from 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

Congratulations.

You're the first example of successful snakehead trolling I've heard of.

Personal bests on a kayak-
    Bass - 18.5''
    Striper - 22.5"
    Snakehead - 28"

I've never been. You might want to keep an eye out for floaters...

https://baltimorebrew.com/2019/08/12...t-lake-roland/
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I work right up the street from Lake Roland and have fished it many times recently. It's shallow and the water is almost always stained or muddy, but there are many small bass in there. Launch from the parking lot and go around the corner to the train bridge. That's consistently the best area for me. I use Senkos there almost exclusively. There are a lot of snags both above and below the waterline so I would be wary of crankbaits or jigs near shore unless you're really confident. I stay on the launch-side of the train bridge, as it gets really shallow everywhere else after heading underneath. I've never gotten anything of size there, but it's a relaxing place to spend time. There are crappie in there too if you feel like bringing a little float rig. Check the tree to the left of the train bridge. I got on a school of them there more than once. Good luck!
      Matt
      Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
      2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
      10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
        I've never been. You might want to keep an eye out for floaters...

https://baltimorebrew.com/2019/08/12...t-lake-roland/
        Hahaha.. oh wow.. thank you for that heads up. Yuck!

Originally posted by Yakman1731
        I work right up the street from Lake Roland and have fished it many times recently. It's shallow and the water is almost always stained or muddy, but there are many small bass in there. Launch from the parking lot and go around the corner to the train bridge. That's consistently the best area for me. I use Senkos there almost exclusively. There are a lot of snags both above and below the waterline so I would be wary of crankbaits or jigs near shore unless you're really confident. I stay on the launch-side of the train bridge, as it gets really shallow everywhere else after heading underneath. I've never gotten anything of size there, but it's a relaxing place to spend time. There are crappie in there too if you feel like bringing a little float rig. Check the tree to the left of the train bridge. I got on a school of them there more than once. Good luck!
        Thank you Matt, that sounds very promising! From mchottie's linked article, I just have to not fall in!
        Quote Originally Posted by Mark

Congratulations.

You're the first example of successful snakehead trolling I've heard of.

Personal bests on a kayak-
        Bass - 18.5''
        Striper - 22.5"
        Snakehead - 28"

Comment

Haha you're right for sure! The elusive "Finless Brown" might be easier to catch than you think...
          Matt
          Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
          2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
          10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Working...
          X