Kent Island fishing buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Island fishing buddy

I live on Kent Island and would love to find a buddy to fish with on the island. I'm retired and free most anytime - have a Native Slayer Propel kayak.

My wife and I fish/crab Kent Island almost every weekend, I’d be happy join you.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Several members here frequent the Goodhands Creek launch. I'm sure they could link up with you sometime.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

As Michael said there are several of us that fish the area. Some of us may fish there tomorrow if you are interested. I can let you know for sure.
        Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
          As Michael said there are several of us that fish the area. Some of us may fish there tomorrow if you are interested. I can let you know for sure.
          Definitely fish with Yakmac (Keith)...bring him a cigar, and he'll tell you all of his secrets!
          2015 Hobie Revolution 13
          2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Goodhands is one of my favorite spots. I like it because there are multiple structures and environments -- creeks, open water, sod banks, islands, downed wood, strong currents, manmade structure, etc. Also, you can usually find leeside protection somewhere there regardless of the direction of the wind. I was last at Goodhands a week ago today and the striper bite was nothing to write home (or here) about. Even the perch took some searching. Perhaps that has changed. SAV was pervasive near some shorelines which made casting and/or trolling difficult in those areas. I wish I could join others on Kent Island tomorrow but I have family issues to attend to. Good luck to those who get out either at Goodhands or elsewhere.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

There is a fishing club based on Kent Island -- the Kent Island Fishermen. They meet periodically. I was the guest speaker at their meeting on Aug 7. Most of those guys are boat fishermen, but you may find some that fish from kayaks too. Check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pg/kentisla...=page_internal.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Didn't check my email yesterday afternoon and missed your message or would have definitely joined you at Goodhands. Please let me know next time and I'll look forward to joining you guys. I'm retired and prefer to fish during the week since most weekends are spent with the grandkids. Anyway, sorry I missed fishing with you and your group if you did Goodhands (only 15 minutes from my house) - hopefully next time! By the way, just wondering if you had any luck ??

Comment

Thanks for the info, John. I also have a boat and will check out the group for sure !!

Comment

Working...
                  X