Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kayak Angler!

Hey All,

I recently brought my kayak from my home (Chicago) down to school (Washington College - I'm a junior here). Looking for some tips to fish out on the bay or some some of the tidal rivers.

I would like to primarily target rockfish or other species if they've been fishing well. I have fished for Stripers up in Maine quite a bit so understand some tactics, but all tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated. At home I fish for salmon on Lake Michigan and have fished for halibut and lingcod out in Northern California. So i have some experience in rougher water conditions, but still have got mad respect for all types of water.

Appreciate all the responses.

Best,
    Chady

Welcome, what kind of kayak did you bring?
    I’m not that familiar with the area your in, looks like the Chester river and bay access is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
      Welcome, what kind of kayak did you bring?
      I’m not that familiar with the area your in, looks like the Chester river and bay access is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hey Brian, I've got an hobie outback. Yeah seems like the chester river is a good place to start. I've looked on google maps and there seems to be some holes near Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge.

Would also be happy to go and fish out of ocean city off the coast.

Comment

Working...
      X