Trip tomorrow? (Saturday 8/31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip tomorrow? (Saturday 8/31)

Thinking about going out, no solid plans yet, I know some of you don't like fishing on the weekend but I have limited availability so... I think I'm going to go. Possibly to Jonas green/Severn, possibly to mattawoman (the only two places I know somewhat) but happy to meet somewhere else if you want. I was thinking of catfish/snakehead or perch/striper, but to be honest I'll fish for pretty much anything if you want to change my mind and I've got the gear for it! (One thing to keep in mind- I don't get to go that often and generally keep any legal size fish and eat them so if you're strictly C+R and don't want to fish with someone that keeps fish... Probably not the best fit. To each their own, tight lines!)
    -Justin

I’m thinking about doing the same. I’m new to the forum, kayak fishing, and the area in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm trying to head out Sunday. Probably somewhere on Kent Island although a recent report makes a run down to PLO tempting.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Vet03, I'm a newbie as well, so we can struggle together.
        Thinking about bringing a new baitcaster pole so you can laugh at me birdsnest over and over.

Nhunter3444, come on out tomorrow instead, I can't go Sunday but my wife is already prepared for me to be gone all day tomorrow lol
        -Justin

Comment

Kent Island looks very interesting. Its going on my list of places to fish.

Comment

I’m gonna try to be at Mattawoman by 6am tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by vet03 View Post
              I’m gonna try to be at Mattawoman by 6am tomorrow.

sorry this is so late, I will see you there. My name's Justin, I've got a civic and it'll have my camo outback strapped to the top. Along with way too much other crap, I'm bringing some freezer burnt shrimp and chicken breast to try to find some catfish, you're welcome to some if i run into ya and you're interested.
              -Justin

Comment

I’m running behind. Beige PA. Sorry if I missed you

Comment

I launched from slavins around 6:15, headed left. I am already 3 blue cats deep on the spinning rods/chicken, and very frustrated with my baitcaster (first use) lol. Probably going to switch it up soon.
                  -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by thedutchtouch View Post
                    I launched from slavins around 6:15, headed left. I am already 3 blue cats deep on the spinning rods/chicken, and very frustrated with my baitcaster (first use) lol. Probably going to switch it up soon.
                    I launched from the Smallwood park boat launch on Sweden point rd. Next time you’ll have to let me know where slavins is. I’m only one perch in using crank bait. I have my cat fishing rod with me but it’s more of a if nothing else is biting thing. Fished for catfish all my life. Bass fishing is new for me.

Comment

IMG_1920.JPG

Comment

Ah sorry about that I forgot there's more than one way to get on this beautiful body of water.Screenshot_20190831-094706.jpg
                        -Justin

Comment

Ah sorry about that I forgot there's more than one way to get on this beautiful body of water.[ATTACH=CONFIG]25507[/ATTACH]
                          I see. That’s probably a better put in location than where I entered. It puts you right into the creek. No biggie. There’s always next time.

Comment

I caught 4 blue cats on some old chicken that came home with me for dinner, all 18-23 inches, all caught before 8am. Then the bite turned off for me. I spent the next 4 hrs learning to use my new baitcaster... Spent more time cleari g birds nests than fishing lol. During that time I had 3 topwater blowups, but none of them stayed on the hook. Left a bit after noon because I forgot my sunscreen in the car. Looking forward to heading back there again, hopefully soon.
                            -Justin

Comment

I caught 4 blue cats on some old chicken that came home with me for dinner, all 18-23 inches, all caught before 8am. Then the bite turned off for me. I spent the next 4 hrs learning to use my new baitcaster... Spent more time cleari g birds nests than fishing lol. During that time I had 3 topwater blowups, but none of them stayed on the hook. Left a bit after noon because I forgot my sunscreen in the car. Looking forward to heading back there again, hopefully soon.
                              Gotta keep that sunscreen in your crate or your gear bag...I learned that the hard way!
                              2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                              2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                              X