St Georges Island sewage overflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Georges Island sewage overflow

The extreme high tides caused a sewage overflow into St George’s creek today and they are recommending no contact with the water in that area for a few days. This will affect fishing the bridge area if you were thinking of going to Piney Point.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

That's a shame.

This past week I got numerous warnings on my mobile phone about coastal flooding. I kept wondering why because we desperately need rain and none was forecast. Then I realized our pervasive high winds last week combined with the moon phase caused the flooding projections which unfortunately actually occurred.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

We had extremely high tides in creeks off the Severn yesterday. Lots of piers were under water. Looks like things are calming down today. Hope your overflow isn’t too bad.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        That's a shame.

This past week I got numerous warnings on my mobile phone about coastal flooding. I kept wondering why because we desperately need rain and none was forecast. Then I realized our pervasive high winds last week combined with the moon phase caused the flooding projections which unfortunately actually occurred.
        I think subtropical storm Melissa is also contributing to this as well.
        Tight lines
        Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
        Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
        Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
        Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
        X