New Torqeedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Torqeedo

Wooooo Hooooo .......... coming out in December .......... taking Pre Orders NOW !!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=453178762211351

$2699

Product # 1408-00

A TOTAL GAME CHANGER ........ THE MOST POWERFUL KAYAK ENGINE

3 HP .......... MORE POWER ........ MORE SPEED ......... CAN’T WAIT !!!

$2700! I assume this is just for the motor and that you’ll need a minimum $1000 super duty Lithium Ion battery for that extra horsepower. For me that is way, way too much money. More power to folks who don’t mind dropping the big bucks.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I fished the past 3 days with a guide in the lower Keys and will fish the next two days with a different guide in the Miami area. Both use Torqueedo motors to tow their clients around. I must admit that we covered far more ground and did not have to struggle to paddle back several miles through chop at the end of the trip. For that application (a guide towing a client) an electric motor is a great idea. For me personally, I prefer using my own arms and legs and planning trips that will not exhaust me with long runs. Admittedly, I have a small center console boat that gives me a long range and higher speeds, when I want to cover ground.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That price includes EVERYTHING .......... the engine, the large battery, the new mount, the throttle and everything you need to install it including the lines and screws. I LOVE the 403’s that I have but I have been lobbying for years for more power and here it is.

Comment

I checked the Torqueedo website, the 403AC is $2,299. So for a measly $400 more? I was hoping there was some spec's I could compare this new motor with the 403AC.
          2016 Old Town Predator 13 Urban Camo

Comment

They are available in Dec. they are taking pre orders now. Basically, this is a 3 Hp 1100 watt engine as compared to the 403 which is 1 hp 400 amp. It comes with an beefed up mount to handle the additional weight. The new engine also is direct drive and does not have a reducer gear so it is quieter. The engine specs should be basically the same as the 1103 outboard since it is basically the same motor itself.

Comment

Working...
            X