Beware of Facebook Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Facebook Ads

$39 Christmas Special- BG reels...5 Rapala lures, on special introduction only sale for $29.95, free shipping...if it looks too good to be true- it is...fraud on Internet sales is big business...be aware of who you are buying from and only buy from trusted sources on reputable websites.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Ron - You are correct. I and several others ordered Shimano reels last year at an unbelievable price. The company disappeared. I paid with a credit card from a good bank and kept records of my efforts to follow up on the sale. The bank refunded all my money.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I ALWAYS use PayPal for just that reason. I’ve always got my money back if the sale was bad. I have had really good luck with a bunch of too good to be true deals. Mc Donald’s has 1 right now. Buy $50 gift certificate and get a Big Mac per week for a year.

Comment

Beware of Facebook Ads

I don’t trust PayPal in the least. The only fraud I’ve ever had done was via PayPal. They did two fraudulent withdrawals from my bank account and I got hit with a overdraft fee twice because I specifically don’t keep any money in the account PayPal is linked to. They deducted the money even after I called them when I got notified of the charge and they still let it proceed. They did refund the fraudulent charges but the damage was already done and they did nothing when I called them prior to the actual withdrawal taking place.

I also got caught in a too good to be true price on something that required payment via PayPal. I got the item but found out it was a credit card fraud scheme. The “website” was having stuff dropped shipped from vendors with stolen credit card numbers. The item showed up to my address with someone else’s name and and then even different billing info. I called the vendor and they verified it was fraudulent and locked the account that had many charges with many billing addresses and drop ship locations. The people scheming got their money via PayPal transfer.

I called PayPal about the issue and they basically said I was full of it and refused to do anything.

Basically a long winded story related to the initial post. Facebook seems to be where I see these fraudulent ads the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by willf650; 12-27-2019, 06:59 PM.
        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
        2015 Coosa HD
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post
          I don’t trust PayPal in the least. The only fraud I’ve ever had done was via PayPal. They did two fraudulent withdrawals from my bank account and I got hit with a overdraft fee twice because I specifically don’t keep any money in the account PayPal is linked to. They deducted the money even after I called them when I got notified of the charge and they still let it proceed. They did refund the fraudulent charges but the damage was already done and they did nothing when I called them prior to the actual withdrawal taking place.

I also got caught in a too good to be true price on something that required payment via PayPal. I got the item but found out it was a credit card fraud scheme. The “website” was having stuff dropped shipped from vendors with stolen credit card numbers. The item showed up to my address with someone else’s name and and then even different billing info. I called the vendor and they verified it was fraudulent and locked the account that had many charges with many billing addresses and drop ship locations. The people scheming got their money via PayPal transfer.

I called PayPal about the issue and they basically said I was full of it and refused to do anything.

Basically a long winded story related to the initial post. Facebook seems to be where I see these fraudulent ads the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Sorry you had problems .......... I spend ALOT of money each month and PayPal has NEVER let me down.

Comment

+++++++1 .........I've used PayPal exclusively for years and not one time have I ever had a problem with them, fradulant charges from them or when I have needed to have something refunded had difficulties. No one gets my CC or bank info everything is paid through them even some of my bills.

Comment

Working...
            X