DNR Service Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNR Service Centers

I have used the DNR Annapolis regional service center to renew fishing licenses and boat registrations for many years. I could walk in and come out within only a few minutes having my licenses and stickers in hand. The office used to be in a small plaza at the intersection of Admiral Drive and West St (across from the Honda dealer). A few years ago, that office was relocated to the MVA building on Harry Truman Pkwy. The MVA is almost always crowded and busy. This morning was no exception. I looked hard to find a parking place and was apprehensive about a long wait.

But once inside, I found the dedicated DNR counter (on the front wall between the two main entrances). Both clerks had customers with them, but I was next in line. I soon was called to the counter and renewed my boat registration and 2020 fishing license. I walked out about 10 minutes after I arrived with the boat stickers and my new fishing license in hand. The rest of the MVA was a crowded madhouse. Despite the busy location, the DNR Annapolis Service Center was easy to use.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

My closest center is across the route 235 bridge from Benedict...about 12 miles or so...never crowded...but mostly I use the Compass website to renew my fishing and hunting licenses...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

On-line access for MD licensing is even closer -- at your fingertips: https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/

I know that VA, DE, NY, FL and TX have on-line licensing portals. That's very convenient when you're traveling to those states to fish. One less thing to do when you arrive. I suspect most states have similar systems now.

This thread is a good reminder to renew your license if necessary. My DE license expires in 2 days because DE has remained on a calendar year schedule. But I have a few months to go on my MD license.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I love the one in Belair ......... in and out with no hassles and no wait times.

Comment

Probably should start a new thread, but since we're renewing our licenses..... It states that an electronic copy is acceptable. For you wizards out there, where or how do I get one on my phone?

Comment

On an Android phone, log into the compass website using Chrome. Click on View Rec. Licences, then Print Recreational Licence. Doing that automatically download the PDF to my phone. Later on when I need it, I just open the download widget.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptCHawk View Post
              Probably should start a new thread, but since we're renewing our licenses..... It states that an electronic copy is acceptable. For you wizards out there, where or how do I get one on my phone?
              I use the DNR app on the phone to download my license. I think it only comes in a pdf file so I use a PDF viewer app so it's always handy when I don't have a signal. Still, I can never get out of the old habit of carrying a hard copy in my wallet.

Comment

I'll do the same thing, but while the license (PDF usually) is open on my phone I'll take a screenshot (on my Android -pixel 3- you do that by pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time). I find it easier to locate a photo later on than the PDF.
                -Justin

Comment

Working...
                X