Crisfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisfield?

Anybody ever fished Crisfield this time of year? thinking about going down to Janes Island State Park this weekend to hopefully get into some specks and rock. Think its worth the long trip?

It's a great time to fish down there. I've fished it the last 2 years- creeks in Jane's Island, the clay banks on the bayside and up in the Annemassex out of Colburne Creek especially on the north shore banks and stump fields. I only got stripers there but it sounds like the spec populations have shot up, giving you another fun species to target. Good luck if you go.

Comment

Toad,

Thanks for the intel.

Weather is looking good so I'll probably fish sunday and monday. If anybody is gonna be in the area and wants to try some trout fishin, let me know.

Comment

What is the drive time from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge or Annapolis area? May be willing to join ya...
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Definitely a nice area down there. I have fished out of my boat down there. A lot of canals and one leads out to the western shore of the island. I can't remember how long the drive from the bay bridge is. Sorry! I would love to go down but going out of town this weekend. I will be retired from kayaking till spring due to surgery on my rotator this Monday, to repair a couple of tendons.

Randy

Comment

Thanks. Good luck on the R C surgery. C ya next year
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Thinking of heading over there myself. Is Crisfield the closest launch for getting in the bay? I always go down to Eastern Shore NP and other oceanside launches, but never bayside (other than Kypto) and have always been curious about bayside launches for schoolies and specks but on maps the launches always look too deep in the canals to hit the bay. Was thinking of trying Onacock. Any launches on Deep creek or in Saxis?
              Thanks
              Jay

10' Green Slayer
              13’ Red Slayer

Comment

unfortunately doesn't look like i will have time to make it all the way down to there this weekend. May try the Chester River on sunday depending on what i hear from my brother who is fishing there this evening.

As far as ramps down that way there are apparently several in the Crisfield area. For Virginia, Accomack county has an interactive map on their website that shows where all the county landings/ramps are.

Comment

Made it down both Sat and Sun. Could not ask for better kayaking weather. No wind, cool weather and nice sunshine for a change. Didn't catch too much, just two small stripers each day and a couple little blues here and there. Didn't hear of any specks. Despite the mediocre fishing, it is one of the nicer places to kayak. Plenty of room to spread out, with numerous nooks and crannies. It will be on my hit list when I am down in Chincateague.
                  Jay

10' Green Slayer
                  13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
                  X