Shad are here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shad are here

Ok we’re fishermen, we invented social distancing! Let’s take our mind off of stuff and catch that harbinger of Spring, Shad. They’re here, bring beer, and there is nothing to fear,,,,, except maybe vibrio bacteria -DAMN!
    Caught about a dozen - low and slow- it’s still cold.
    2DBB7F02-DD47-482A-BB5B-654B9126A59F.jpg
    Last edited by summersoff; 03-20-2020, 05:08 AM.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Congrats. Went out yesterday with my wife to a Southern Maryland creek.....perch were there....along with 6 other anglers....Wife caught one shad....I got skunked...still hearing about it....looking forward to the numbers increasing this week or so...
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

I assume you went to fletchers landing. I fished deer creek this afternoon and got skunked with the exception of snagging a large carp in the tail . it was quite a battle on 6 lb.test.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
        I assume you went to fletchers landing. I fished deer creek this afternoon and got skunked with the exception of snagging a large carp in the tail . it was quite a battle on 6 lb.test.
        I don't think the shad have made it that far up the bay yet, this morning I fished another creek a little further down the bay and no signs of life.

I bet that carp was an interesting battle.
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
        X