DC Covid fishing regs and Fletchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Covid fishing regs and Fletchers

What restrictions has DC placed upon recreational fishing for the Potomac?

Fishing in DC is allowed as a recreational activity according to the mayor's guidelines.

Is Fletcher's parking lot still accessible?
    I know the tackle shop / boathouse is closed.
    Last edited by bignose; 04-06-2020, 08:04 PM.

The parking lot is closed
    67706FD0-996A-4FB9-A220-8C785CD63201.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Fletcher's is National Park Service so the Feds have jurisdiction over it being open or not. Anyone know of decent access to the water besides Fletcher's?
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I was thinking about the pull off by Chain Bridge and the ramps from the bridge that lead down to the canal.
        A bit of a rough hike to the River from there.

Comment

Fishing buff respiratory protection...probably as good as a surgical mask. Not going to be effective in preventing me from inhaling the virus like a respirator would offer.

Comment

Yep. It works in a pinch. I wore mine to the drugstore yesterday. I thought the lady behind the counter was going to push the burglar alarm button when she saw me.

From what I've read, our DIY masks do not directly protect us. But they may help to protect others from us. It's worth a shot. It's not a fashion show out there right now.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Bignose - If you have access to a mountain bike, or any bike except skinny tired road bikes, then the ride to Fletchers from Chain Bridge on the tow path is easy. Years ago I'd park at Chain Bridge then bike up the tow path to fish for stripers near the concrete platform. But first check to see if the Chain Bridge parking lot is open. And also take a bike lock.
              Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
                Bignose - If you have access to a mountain bike, or any bike except skinny tired road bikes, then the ride to Fletchers from Chain Bridge on the tow path is easy. Years ago I'd park at Chain Bridge then bike up the tow path to fish for stripers near the concrete platform. But first check to see if the Chain Bridge parking lot is open. And also take a bike lock.
                You could also park in Georgetown by the boathouse, which is always open.
                Jay

10' Green Slayer
                13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Well, todays precipitation will make the river unfishable from above Chain Bridge to below Fletcher's for several days.

I hope that things relax a little on May 1. I'd hate to miss all of Shad season.

From what I've heard DNR is issuing citations to anglers practicing catch and release up on the Susky.
                  "Honest, officer, I was fishing for white perch for dinner, but all of those pesky shad kept hitting my lures."
                  Apparently, that doesn't cut it.

Comment

Working...
                  X