Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating- THANK YOU!

Friends,

Over the weekend my wife and I moved out of our rowhouse in Baltimore as we finalize our purchase of a home in Connecticut (the move was planned prior to the virus, and is unrelated). It's been 14 years since I lived anywhere other than Maryland, from college at St. Mary's with yakscientist all the way up through adulthood and into my 30's. As I shift life back to my New England stomping grounds I wanted to write a quick note of thanks to all of you on SnaggedLine. I've been a SnaggedLine member for only a few years, but in that time I've learned a lifetime's worth of lessons from you guys. I've made new friends, fished new waters, talked fishing, talked yaks, and shared stories with so many of you, all because of SnaggedLine. There are few places left in the world where a group's love of something outweighs all of the other individual differences that members of that group may possess...this is one of those places, due to our shared passion for kayak fishing. I am so grateful for everything this board has given me, and I hope that it continues to be an active place for stories, questions, and knowledge. Whether we've met in person or not, I consider you all my friends, and I'll miss you all terribly. I'll also miss our cherished Bay and the rivers, lakes, and streams that've given me so many good memories.

The good news is that if you ever wanted an excuse to come fish the lower CT River or Long Island Sound, you now have it! I'll be working summers for Black Hall Outfitters, an Old Town dealer and general kayak fishing + tackle shop with locations in Old Lyme and Westbrook, which I'm hoping will help me learn the new waters! Stripers, blues, flounder, tog, northern pike, largemouth, pickerel, smallmouth, yellow perch, and white perch are all available, so if you stop into the shop come and say hi!

I'll definitely be back here every now and then to catch up on stories, but in the meantime feel free to follow me on Instagram at @sunrisekayakfishing and you can watch me get skunked repeatedly as I try to learn a whole new fishery haha!

Thanks again everyone. You all rock.

Matt
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Best of luck Matt- stay safe as you begin the next chapter of your life adventure- one thing I can pass on to you is fishing is fishing...what you have learned here translates well any where and vice versa...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Matt,

Most definitely, good luck to you.

What Ron said is so true. Your Chesapeake knowhow will translate nicely to your new waters. Enjoy the discovery and adventure that awaits.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Best of Luck to You Matt.
        MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
        2016 Hobie Outback LE
        Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
        https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Good luck in your new location. There is some good fishing there, but a shorter warm-weather season. You should have fun learning how to fish those new waters.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Connecticut is such a beautiful state with so much to do in the outdoors. I have family who used to lived in Southington and man do I miss visiting the state. The fishing is quite stellar there was well.

Congratulations on the new home!
            Tim M. Elliott
            Pasadena
            Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Best of luck! I hope to see your reports in the ‘Everywhere Else’ forum here from time to time.
              Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Hey .......... you don’t have to be a stranger. We have members from all over so you don’t have to leave Snaggedline just because you are moving to a state with GREAT fishing. Good luck on your move and don’t be a stranger.

Comment

Best of luck to you! Looking forward to seeing youre adventures on Instagram.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
                  Desert Camo- Moken 14
                  Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Best of luck to you Matt on the new waters and move. Check out the NEKF forum up there, a great group of guys and a not to be missed striper shootout. I’m jealous of the porgy, fluke, tog, sea bass, blues, and striper fishery you will have up there!
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Good luck with the move and enjoy the new waters. I hope you are blessed with lots of albies!
                      Brian

Comment

Thank you all for the well-wishes and kind words! I am definitely pumped up to get to know a new fishery. I've been told it's kayak fishing heaven up there so I'm excited. And Memory Maker brings up a good point- I suppose since I'll still be chasing stripers and species similar to you all here I can still hop in and chat! So...talk soon friends!
                        Matt
                        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
                        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
                        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Safe travels bud! We'll miss ya!!!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

Good luck and tight lines!
                            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                            X