Lowrance Hook2 5X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance Hook2 5X

Just installed it on the yak today and will be going out tomorrow. Wife got it for me on sale so I couldn’t complain lol. Any pros and cons for this unit. I know it’s the basic FF/GPS with down scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 7in tripleshot version and it has worked fine for me over the past couple years. I use it on my hobie and my center console boat. The one thing I don’t like is the connections to the head unit. They don’t have the twist and lock connections like other Lowrance units. They can be a PITA to push in all the way to get a good connection and then remove. I’d buy it again if I had to. I think they’re one of the best bargains for electronics, but everyone has their own preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jayce
    2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
    2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

The Hook 2 5" unit comes in "5" and "5x" versions, plus there are several different transducers (regular, split shot, and triple shot). (I just picked up a Hook2 5 HDI unit with split shot but have not installed it yet). While doing my homework on the different models, I learned from the Lowrance website that the "x" models do not include a built-in map or support add-on mapping. I am not really sure what that means, but suggests that you may not have a full set of GPS functions. Good luck with your new FF/GPS.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        While doing my homework on the different models, I learned from the Lowrance website that the "x" models do not include a built-in map or support add-on mapping. I am not really sure what that means, but suggests that you may not have a full set of GPS functions. Good luck with your new FF/GPS.
        The X models do not have charts all you see is a blank white screen with the gps route line and any waypoint marks. Also it does not have an sd card slot to use any programmed charting.

Comment

Working...
        X