Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Kayak Club open at Homeport Farm Park

Hello all, I hope you are well.

I've adjusted my summer kayaking plans with a Pungo 120 and my first ever fishing and crabbing license. My brother is sharing his fishing gear with me. As soon as I get D-rings glued into the hull to secure floatbags I'll be out on the water on a fishing learning curve. This little Pungo tracks far better than anything that's 12 feet long and shaped like a jelly bean should.

In other news, the Canton Kayak Club (CKC) docking station at Homeport Farm Park is open with four sit-in kayaks and 2 sit-on-top kayaks. The CKC is a cooperative kayak club. You join, take a short lesson and then get to use all the club kayaks at all the docking stations around the region. You have to paddle the kayaks away from the docking stations. You can't put a kayak on your car and take it someplace else. CKC website: http://www.cantonkayakclub.com

See you on the water,

Lisa

Welcome to kayak fishing Lisa!

You already know excellent places to launch -- many thanks to your exhaustive efforts.

Catching fish in your Pungo will be the easy part.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks. We're lucky to live here where there are ways to enjoy the outdoors. I've been roaming through the really unknown county parks this spring and already picked up my first tick and first doxycyline prescription. We had such a mild winter the ticks got a head start this year. Around here doxycyline should be an over-the-counter med.

Is there an easy to use fish identification guide? If I catch anything I'd like to know what it is and if it's legal to keep it.

Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

Here is a guide from from MD DNR, listing all of the species, with pictures, and size limits.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-conte...0MDFW_LR12.pdf
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I am planning to launch at Homeport on Monday June 1 probably around 8AM. First launch of the season, I'll take a rod but it will be more of a shakedown cruise.
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
            Lisa,

Here is a guide from from MD DNR, listing all of the species, with pictures, and size limits.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-conte...0MDFW_LR12.pdf

Yikes, homework! This fishing thing is more complicated that it looked

Thanks

Lisa

Comment

Working...
            X