Honga sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honga sunday

Been trying to decide where to fish this weekend. Gonna hit the Honga at the ferry point bridge tomorrow. High tide is around 2pm should be nice outgoing current for the afternoon/evening. If anybody wants to join let me know.

I'd love to go, but I am not sure I can get free. I've been dying to get over there this fall. I'd like to fish the bridge Sat. night and the lower island Monday morning......but we'll see.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

they need a cheap hotel over that way
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

good luck! hitting KN in the morning, got the skunk on the severn today, last time i go with out some kind of natural bait

Comment

I fished the Honga today. FYI, evidently the outgoing tide got rolling way ahead of schedule and the flow died off early. Also, I don't think the bright, sunny weather helped the bite either. I got a few stripers up to 22", some perch and got my plastics shredded by bluefish. There were lots of boats anchored at the bridge, which diminished my fishing options considerably. I did some recon on kayak-accessible points over near the mouths of the Honga and Fishing Bay. Saw some great bird action, one Sika deer and heard another deer calling across the swamps. Beautiful day. Can't wait to get back there.

Steve, Greenbelt

Comment

steve,

I have thought about heading out to bloodsworth island on a calm day. Not sure if there is anywhere to launch down near bishops head though other than Crocheron and thats a long way. Couple years ago we caught lots of nice flounder in hooper strait (by boat) but only a mile or so from bishops head point.

Comment

With the minimal winds forecast, this would have been an excellent time to kayak to Bloodsworth. I was pondering that very question yesterday while at the end of Bishop's Head Rd., just at the property line before the Karen Noonan Ches. Bay foundation site. There's a culvert under the road for a tidal creek and you can park on the side of the dirt track there. I think you could launch through the grasses and paddle across- all of 1.5-2 miles.

Comment

Is the Honga you fish at located about 25 miles southwest of Cambridge. If so, it's a haul.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tufnik- it's a 2 hr drive from Greenbelt but worth it for the serenity and scenery. The fishing can be great, too. In the fall I try to pick a calm, overcast day with outgoing tides at dawn and/or dusk.

Comment

That means it's at least 2 1/2 hrs for me.

Is there flounder and speck action there? Are citation rocks known to hang there (Nov/Dec)?

Comment

tuff, some one posted on P&S that they were catching specs, rock and big blues at PAX might be worth a road trip

Comment

Ok surf, you just added another place to think about for this weekend. Sheesh, so many choices.

Comment

i know, breaking birds in eastern bay, trout and blues in the honga, and blues,trout and rock at Pax. trying to decide which is the most economical that will produce the most also the mouth of the choptank but Shield said they didnt do so well there

Comment

Working...
                          X