Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Old Town Predator PDL 132

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently sold my Revo and I am currently looking for a new kayak. I have it narrowed down to the 2020 Hobie Outback and the 2020 Old Town Predator PDL 132. I’ve had 4 Hobies and have an idea of what I will be getting if I choose that one. My question is, does anyone on here currently have a 2020 OT Predator PDL 132 or have you had the opportunity to try one? Any thoughts or comments on the kayak would be appreciated, as well as comparisons.

Thank you,

Don
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

I recently purchased the Bigwater PDL 132. It has the same hull and PDL drive as the predator. So far I love it. Its a little heavy but after throwing it on top of the van a few times you get used to it. Does well in choppy water.
    Where are you located? Can always meet up and let you try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by beachmover9879 View Post
      I recently purchased the Bigwater PDL 132. It has the same hull and PDL drive as the predator. So far I love it. Its a little heavy but after throwing it on top of the van a few times you get used to it. Does well in choppy water.
      Where are you located? Can always meet up and let you try it out.
      Thank you. How would you compare it to the Outback, if you can? Where did you end up finding it? I live in Carroll County, Maryland and would like to see one in person. I haven’t found any local stores with it in stock to check out.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2012 Hobie Revo 13'
      2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Never used an Outback. I picked it up at Lancaster Marine. I'm right outside of Hampstead in Boring. You should check Front Royal Outfitters, they might have gotten some in this week.

Comment

Thank you!
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Shield what did you decide on? I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at either of the two. The history of cracked hulls on the outback has me a bit paranoid. I like the warranty of the OT predator and instant reverse. Have you been able to find the predator regionally?

Thanks,

CM
            Hobie Outback
            WS Tarpon
            IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Originally posted by ILV2F5H View Post
              Shield what did you decide on? I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at either of the two. The history of cracked hulls on the outback has me a bit paranoid. I like the warranty of the OT predator and instant reverse. Have you been able to find the predator regionally?

Thanks,

CM
              I got the Bigwater 132 back in May. I was deciding between the two boats as well. Glad I went with the 132 (predator). Have over 100 hours on it and have zero complaints. Boat is quick, comfortable and stable in all kinds of water.

Comment

Working...
              X