Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney run 10/08/2011

Piney run = crappie heaven

went out to piney run on sat got there about 8:00 launched @ 8:30 trolled the edges with some small med diving cranks and just like that the skunk was off i started the day landing a nice 3lb lrg mouth bass then a few other little baby ones. Then i found the honey spot i started throwing a jig bam it was almost as soon as it hit the water nice crappie threw back out bam another one then another all in all i caught about 15 nice size crappie i also caught a nice size yellow perch and a rainbow trout so all in all it was a pretty good day. We may have to have a meet and greet there.

Good job on the fish. Did you keep them? How big was the crappie? Where is Piney Run again? It sounds familiar to me.

Comment

fished Piney Run on sunday 8am -2pm boated 4 largemouth hooked a 5th not a good hook set lost him. nice place to fish other then the $$ 18.00 launch fee if your not a Carroll co. res. used spinner baits and plastic worms. Bassman glad you had a good day!!! ""bent rods & tight lines Always""

Comment

I fished Piney Run for the first time two weekends ago. I caught two small largemouth bass and seven crappie. The $18 fee was shocking. Nice size lake. Some parts of the lake are very deep.

There is a fishing tournament there this Saturday.

Details:
        Saturday, October 15th, 2011: Fall Fishing Tournament – Park Gates open at 4:30 am. 5 am until 11 am. Tournament fee is $20 per angler, $ 8/boat launch fee applies for private boats; vehicle entrance fee is waived. Rental boats are available for $20 per boat.

The following prizes will be awarded:
        Largemouth Bass: 1st prize: $200, 2nd prize: $100, 3rd prize: $50
        Striped Bass: 1st prize: $200, 2nd prize: $100, 3rd prize: $50
        Catfish: 1st prize: $200, 2nd prize: $100, 3rd prize: $50
        Largest LEGAL Tiger Musky wins $300.00!
        PLUS: TROPHY awarded for largest fish (any species) of the day
        <MIKE>
        Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
        Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

The tournament sounds like a good idea. Anyone considering entering? I haven't fished Piney Run for almost 20yrs and then it was from the shoreline. Sounds like some members have been doing very well there. I would really like to get into some nice crappie that's for sure.
          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I just remembered that I had pictures. It was cold, rainy and very windy that day. I only saw one other boat on the water. Most of the fish that I caught were in the cove directly across from the boat ramps.

I was using a pearl white 2" Bass Pro baby shad with a weighted hook.

I fought this one for over an hour...

<MIKE>
            Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
            Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Nice Pictures.

Those are nice pictures and some monster fish too!

I know that Piney Run is an excellent fishery. Since I don't live in Carroll County, I mentally can't get past the park fees. But maybe I should look into some sort of a season pass next year. The $60 fee to fish WSSC's reservoirs hasn't resulted in too many fish for me this year, so Piney Run might be money better spent.

Comment

Great pics.

Looks like a beautiful place to fish.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Excellent pics, but I hate that $18 fee.

Comment

Working...
                  X