Why does WS Rarar kayaks get no luv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does WS Rarar kayaks get no luv?

Been looking at a peddle drive kayak for the wife,,well not in person as no one has anything in stock.
    There are tons of video reviews of Native, Old Town, Feel Free, etc kayaks by all the usual you tube kayak "rock stars"

BUT, there is basically nothing on the Radar, short of what WS puts out. and a few odd ball videos, but nothing from the usual reviewers who have reveiwed just about every kayak.

Any idea why? Has WS fallen out of favor with the fishing crowd?
    I like their peddle drive, how it folds down flat, out of the way.
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

I’m looking at getting a WS ATAK 140. It’s not PD but I plan on retrofitting a minn Kota on the rear. Mainly for holding spots in moving water or wind.

Comment

I struggled with choosing peddle or power,
      In the end, peddle I could use my feet to adjust amount of "power" and forward and reverse. A trolling motor yak, I would need my hands on on the throttle and steering.
      Also,, the added complexity of the motor, controls, wiring, etc.

Originally posted by Renegade Yaker View Post
      I’m looking at getting a WS ATAK 140. It’s not PD but I plan on retrofitting a minn Kota on the rear. Mainly for holding spots in moving water or wind.
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
        I struggled with choosing peddle or power,
        In the end, peddle I could use my feet to adjust amount of "power" and forward and reverse. A trolling motor yak, I would need my hands on on the throttle and steering.
        Also,, the added complexity of the motor, controls, wiring, etc.

I agree and paddle most of the time. I have a minn Kota in my garage collecting dust I’ve been eyeballing. I can come up with a simple design for the mount, wiring and controls. The ATAK comes with the infrastructure in place for foot peddle rudder control. I’ll use that to steer the kayak. I design electrical controls for industrial equipment for a living so I should be able to simplify a controller.

Comment

Working...
        X