This friday and saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This friday and saturday

Just wondering who and where everyone is fishing this friday and sat ?

A lot is depending on the weather- I really would like to fish Point Lookout Saturday but with the wind forecast of 20 MPH WSW that is a really nasty setup for PLO. If you know anything about wind forecast, it usually blows harder than forecast- So finding places to fish out of the direct wind is going to be tricky- places like Mattawoman Creek should be OK- the snakeheads and big bass should be hitting- catfish on bait-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron, I need to go and fish with you one day for some Big Blue Catfish for fun. I may also want to catch some smaller catfish for some table fare.

Comment

I am thinking about driving to Neavitt Fri morning to revisit the productive spots I hit two weeks ago. I don't know if the specs are still here or not.

There is call for rain and thunderstorms and possibly high winds. The actual weather tomorrow morning will help me make my decision.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

VB area

Comment

JA what time are u going to Neavitt? i have the day off and Neavitt sounds interesting

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
              Ron, I need to go and fish with you one day for some Big Blue Catfish for fun. I may also want to catch some smaller catfish for some table fare.
              The waters of the Potomac have cleaned up a lot so a meal or two isn't going to hurt anyone- Catfish are bottom feeders (delicious tasting fish) that feed the world- Catfish are farm raised all over the world for food and live in waters that most folks would think wouldn't produce anything safe to eat- I could catch cats all day long if I wanted to- the big Blues have major pullage factors and give a decent sleigh ride- They are some nice Channel and Blue catfish in Mattawoman creek but the really big Blue Cats are hanging around the pilings by the bridges- big chucks of bunker on fish finder rigs are the best way too get them. There are lots of channel catfish around the power plant discharge ditch- bait on the bottom will catch a nice mess of channel cats there and maybe a striper or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                The waters of the Potomac have cleaned up a lot so a meal or two isn't going to hurt anyone- Catfish are bottom feeders (delicious tasting fish) that feed the world- Catfish are farm raised all over the world for food and live in waters that most folks would think wouldn't produce anything safe to eat- I could catch cats all day long if I wanted to- the big Blues have major pullage factors and give a decent sleigh ride- They are some nice Channel and Blue catfish in Mattawoman creek but the really big Blue Cats are hanging around the pilings by the bridges- big chucks of bunker on fish finder rigs are the best way too get them. There are lots of channel catfish around the power plant discharge ditch- bait on the bottom will catch a nice mess of channel cats there and maybe a striper or two.
                You guys want to go for catfish this weekend? I'd be up for it on Sat or Sunday. I haven't fished the Mattawoman or Potomac yet. It's been years since I've fished for catfish actually.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

The power plant ditch is on the wrong side of the Potomac for the wind forecast- it would be too rough for me...

Comment

I could be interested in fishing Mattawoman, but never been there, so I wouldnt fish it alone. but I did hear there was a bass boat tourney this weekend is this true?
                    Last edited by CB kayak 02; 10-13-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Not sure if there is a tourney there, but if it is, will be chaotic with those big glass rigs flying all over. Especially if the main river is really choppy, will be lots of boat traffic in the creeks. Good thing is the yaks can get way back in the creeks where lots of the big boats won't go.
                      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

They have a lot of tournaments, but I am not sure if they have one this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X