Sunday 9/27 outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 9/27 outing

Late post but have been a little busy. We got out on the water by 715 at our usual spot. My son decided to use a storm prerigged swimbaits and as for my weapons of choice was a larger WP and 5" diesel minnow. I was 2 for 2 on both rods with nice stick fish pretty fast. There was a good amount of debrus for the previous nights rain. I also saw lots of jellyfish,. Larger ones. No hits on our first troll. The birds were working where we went through but nothing. We head left out past the coast guard ships, my son is just talking non stop driving me a little crazy but I love him and want him to be happy so I try my hardest to pay attention to all the crazy random stuff he says or asked me. My right rod loads up, thinking it's a snag I grab the rod not very optimistic. I could feel the fish run and was on. Usually I'll hear them hit the WP and the rod jumps from the strike, I think he just came up and slurped it. Several strong runs with drag pulling (using 20lb floro it's mainly my bass lipless rod) I managed to get him close to the boat. My PB for this year and my PB ever on a kayak. Tried to measure with my paddle but his tail kept falling. 100% over 19. With no cooler and hours left to hang with my son he was released for another day. Went along or normal route up one side of the creek to 695 and don't back the other. I had a few hits on the zman but came up short strikes. My son zeroed out but he still was happy. He beat me 9-2 last time. Might take a small trip today 130 to 1230.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forgot the pic

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X