ft armistad sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ft armistad sundays

I am going out to ft arministead if any body wants to join ill prob launch about 6 - 7. If the fishing is any good ill decided if im gonna watch the game.

See you there

Im not rigged up yet but I will give it a shot...
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Did you make it out there sunday bassman? I fished from about 10-2. Not much going for me. A few real small white perch, maybe 5 inchers and some rock that were even smaller Wind was a bit of a p.i.t.a. Felt good to be on the water though. Good Fishin

Chimo

Comment

chimo, where did you fish....?? near the bridge....???

Comment

Yo Chimo I made it out from about 7 - 9 hit up the bridge then the ship wrecks caught a few perch and baby rock brought it in once it started getting really windy and sat on the dock to get rid of some live bait I had caught a few perch and rock from there also i stayed till about 12 had to go check out my favorite team lose WTH. i think i may have saw you launch

Comment

Yaknbass, the west shore at the bridge with high low rigs and a jig head with a fluke style bait, the bridge piers/pylons and around the old fort and one of the round concrete things (channel markers ) that are out by the channel with chunked white perch and vertical jigging. Seen a few white perch caught out by the Fort and a few boats trolling around.

Bassman, It was probably me. Camo colored Ascend FS 10with rods sticking up in every direction

It was more of a shakedown cruise to try out the new transducer mounting and get my feet wet since I hadn't been on the water lately.

Chimo

Comment

Bassman, I didn't go out Saturday because of the wind. I had flashbacks to when we met up a few weeks and I had a heck of a time trying to fish while getting blown around....especially in the more open water like that. If you go again, head north to some old factory looking things. There were lots of pilings, visible and submerged up that way, as well as a whole lot of rip rap to fish. I think a crank bait or a rattle trap may be good for some of that rip rap if you just keep ticking it off the rocks.

If you read my post from last week, I caught 7 strippers in the region, all trolling....so I think I'll keep doing that until it stops working. Casting ended up with a lot of catfish for some reason. Anyway, the lion share of the strippers all were within 1 hour of low tide. I fished the same exact area for 4 hours, doing the same thing, with the same lures and it was like a switch...the just all started biting. So I'm convinced now that tide is a major factor in catching stripers.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

Hey Yak Fish one thing Bassman forgot to mention was he kept his feet in the boat this time...I meet you guys a few weekago at the Ft. I had my son we have the ascends fs12 and fs10. I listened to what you said about the hobie {If your even thinking about it just do it} I picked up the outback at the boat show...Lov it
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
                  Hey Yak Fish one thing Bassman forgot to mention was he kept his feet in the boat this time...I meet you guys a few weekago at the Ft. I had my son we have the ascends fs12 and fs10. I listened to what you said about the hobie {If your even thinking about it just do it} I picked up the outback at the boat show...Lov it
                  Haha! Yup, I remember you guys. Welcome to the Hobie club :-) Now you're gonna have to buy one for your son so he doesn't get jealous. It's really cool that the two of you get to go out together...and your son is already braggin' that he's a better fisherman I'm sure I'll see you guys around

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

One of my main goal that time out was to definently stay dry and this time i was prepared LOL. I been looking into my new hobie man you guys are going to get me in trouble wit the ol ball and chain. Im thinking i may do a post on how you managed to buy a hobie with out your sigs asking to many questions or thinking you were plain nutts.

It was a great time fishing with you G keep me posted let me know the next time you hit the hospital.

Comment

Will let u know im off this wed thu & fri weather permitting im going out...
                      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X