Zoom seminar - Jan 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom seminar - Jan 16

A lot of anglers go to the winter fishing shows to buy gear, talk with friends, and eat the food. The opportunity to hear talks and lectures is an added value to some of the shows. In the absence of face-to-face lectures this winter, at least some of the local fishing groups are offering seminars via Zoom.

I will give a Zoom presentation to the members of the Free State Fly Fishing group on Sat Jan 16 from 10-12. Non-members are also welcome. The title of the presentation is "Using Online Resources to Plan Your Fishing Trip". I will talk about how to find and use data on: geography, weather, wind speed and direction, tides, stream flow (gages), depth contours, and solunar times to choose when and where you go to fish. Since nearly all my fishing trips are made from a kayak, my focus is on a small craft with limited distance range, but much of the discussion will be relevant to other methods of fishing too.

using online data.jpg

The club does not give out the Zoom link on social media, but prefers that any interested person (whether a club member or not) contact Ryan Harvey at rybeer@gmail.com for the Zoom link prior to the event.

If this interests any of you, I hope you can join in. If you represent another fishing club that would like a Zoom presentation for their own group (or a live presentation at a later date when Covid is better under control) please contact me.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Thank you for sharing. See you on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Working...
    X