Stuff You Forget to Bring When You Go Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
    FYI as of the last 2 or 3 years, MD now accepts a digital copy of of your fishing license. So if you buy online using the Compass portal you can save a copy directly to your phone, or just bring it up in your email. I still keep a paper copy in my wallet but it's good to know that a digital copy on the phone is a valid backup.
    Dave,

Thank you. That's good to know.

I do use Compass but didn't realize I could save a copy on my phone. I need to renew next month. I'll save a digital copy.

Now, as long as I don't forget my phone too...
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
      My most common thing to forget is sunglasses as they aren't so necessary predawn.

But most things I forget are a big part of why I am so addicted to the water.

I forget the pressures of things to do.
      I forget the things I think I can not do.
      I forget the perceived wrongs that have frustrated me.
      I forget the shortcomings that plague me.
      I forget all the times I have fished and caught nothing and live in the hope and excitement of the new adventure of the moment and the wonder of what this time on the water might bring.

Typically, I return with
      a renewed and relaxed perspective on tasks to be done,
      a revived energy and clearness of mind to accomplish what I must,
      a greater humility of spirit that appreciates my position in a magnificent creation,
      a belief that I can be better today than I was yesterday,
      wonderful memories, a story to share, and sometimes dinner.

Nothing like an activity that you can leave so much behind and yet bring so much home.
      Very nice perspective. Indeed our hobby has magical properties when we take the time to realize it.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Comment

Like most seniors I have left a few things behind from time to time but the worst was when I got to my fishing area a few miles from my launch point and had forgotten my fishing poles back at my vehicle.

Comment

Bill,

Truer words have yet to be spoken. Very nice write up.

As for me, the item I seem to forget quite often would be the paddle. Over the summer, I took two local trips where I had left my paddle at home. Similar to Joe, I live close by, only 10-15 minutes away from either launch. (I apologize again to you Mark for keeping you waiting )
          Tim M. Elliott
          Pasadena
          Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Elliott View Post
            Bill,

Truer words have yet to be spoken. Very nice write up.

As for me, the item I seem to forget quite often would be the paddle. Over the summer, I took two local trips where I had left my paddle at home. Similar to Joe, I live close by, only 10-15 minutes away from either launch. (I apologize again to you Mark for keeping you waiting )
            Tim-- It definitely was no problem.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Comment

Twice I've forgotten the seat on my Outback. I launched nonetheless, but let's just say that both cases were short trips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
              Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

I have forgotten my mirage drive twice. One time I was lucky that a friend had one that he was not using in his car so I was able to use his. The second time I forgot it I had to had my Bixby electric motor, so I used that instead. Both cases I was only an hour or less from home.
                MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                2016 Hobie Outback LE
                Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
                X