New Striped Bass Patterns Book!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Striped Bass Patterns Book!!

I was going to announce this last week, but John posted his latest book and I didn't want to intrude with mine as well....so now's the time!

LIGHT TACKLE FISHING PATTERNS OF THE CHESAPEAKE BAY

I have been working on this for the past 7 years, and it is a BIG book at over 450 pages! This will complete the Chesapeake Trilogy: The Ultimate Light Tackle Angler series with my Jigging and Trolling Books. They can all be read independently, but go great as design within this trilogy. In this book, I go month by month and tell you where the fish are, what they're doing, why they are doing it and the best methods and lures to catch them. I discuss all of these patterns by giving my personal notes and logs over the years. And of course, it's packed with maps and illustrations to make it really easy to understand. It took so long to write because I had to do a lot of fishing to check and recheck that indeed the patterns were good. You may also notice I dropped the word "kayak" from the title. I did so because I talk a lot about Open Water / Run & Gun Patterns as well as Finesse / Structure / Region Patterns, which covers the spectrum of light tackle fishing from kayak to boat. I am really excited to bring this new book to you, which will take another month or two to finish up the editing and proofing. And I'm also excited that my good friend Pete Dahlberg is working on the foreword to this one. I hope you enjoy it as much as the Jigging and Trolling books!! Thanks so much for the support over the years. If not for that, I would not have had the motivation to keep doing this because it is a mountain of work!
    cover capture 3 7 2021 no barcode.jpg

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Congratulations Alan. That will be a great reference book.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That's outstanding Alan. Kudos to you.

Only those who have tried can fully appreciate the effort that goes into writing a book.

I wish you many sales. But I know that your greatest satisfaction is that you have produced another excellent resource to share your ample fishing knowledge with others.

Congratulations.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks John and Mark!
        Mark, you're absolutely right. The satisfaction is in the production of something that will live long after I, and adds something to the body of work already out there.
        Some will say I give away way too much in this book, but I'm happy to reduce the learning curve for the next angler.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I am officially placing my order here and now. Alan’s other 2 books are classics and should be in every fisherman’s library!!! ........ this should be no different than the others. Thanks Alan

Comment

Working...
          X