Shad 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shad 2021

Hit Fletchers today, and only managed one and one other bump. The water was surprising good for all the expected rain, but I guess it still is a little bit early. I didn’t see any being caught either. I’ll try again tomorrow. I usually bank fish for shad, but there were about five kayaks out there.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

First, I'm glad that Fletcher's is open. I'm looking forward to being able to get the season started.

Yeah, it's bout 2 week too early for things to get rolling. Gotta get the water temps into the upper 50's.

Comment

Went again this morning, and got only one, but it was nice just to be ou.... no it wasn’t, it was cold and fishing sucked. Try again tomorrow, because I’m stubborn.
      Good amount of herring though
      Jay

10' Green Slayer
      13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Thanks for the shad report, info is appreciated!

Comment

Boat rental procedures have change a lot this spring at Fletchers, so I’ve been told. It’s my understanding (through the grape vine) that boat rentals are now by reservation only. And a boat may be rented for 4 hours only, then you are done and must return to Fletchers pier for the next patron to rent for 4 hours. I could be wrong. I may have missed important points in the rental procedures. Sounds like a big cluster-phooey in the making to me. Guess we shall see.
          Check for yourselves and you be the judge:
          https://boatingindc.com/boathouses/fletchers-boathouse/
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
          X