Are Shad Still Biting at Fletchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Shad Still Biting at Fletchers?

I went a few weeks ago for the first time ever and had a ball. Is the shad run still going on or has the bite stopped? I might take another trip out if they are. Thanks for any insight

The hickory shad bite slowed down a bit with the cold front last week, but took back off this weekend. I caught at least 50 of them on Saturday. Everyone is hoping the American shad will make another appearance this week with the warm up. I haven't gotten any of them since the end of March, but a buddy caught a nice one this weekend.
    american shad.jpg
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I got out to Fletcher's today, after a bust fishing the Susky last week.

It was pretty slow, 6 fish in a two hour period, all small hickories. Although there were a lot of craft out on the water, the shoreline was relatively uncrowded.

But I was glad to get out, so that was a mitigating factor.

Gonna go out again next week.
      The run slowly peters out by about the third week in May.

Comment

I got out on the Occoquan yesterday with a friend. We caught 30+ Hickories in 3 hours. Fish are still there but I think the numbers are dropping as we head into May.

Comment

Hit Fletchers for an hour or so after work today. Water was a good color and plenty of shad still there. Surprisingly,a bazillion herring busting everywhere. Go at low tide to increase the number spots you can cast from, because it was crowded as heck.
          Jay

10' Green Slayer
          13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
          X