Solleys cove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solleys cove

I had a little time to go out this morning so headed to my favorite spot. My son wanted to sleep in so it was a solo trip. I decided to be as minimal and as light as possible for this trip. Bringing the UL 5ft and a 6ft medium I decided to just bring a few spare jig heads, one pack of kinetics, 1" gulp minnows and a beetle spin. I was on the water a little before 7 and headed over to my favorite spots trolling the beetle and paddle tail along the way. The water was very stained and did not have a lot of visibility. Shortly after I started I started getting into some perch. All very small but got the skunk out quick. As I make my first pass on a area I go back and forth over, the paddle tail dumped and drag started going. Hell ya first striper of the year. He pulled me around and I would tighten the drag just to have to let go again as he got close. I couldn't see it untill I had him right on the side. A big channel cat. I was still thrilled and had a great time with the light tackle. I made several more passes on my favorite spot with a mix of perch and small striper hitting the beetle spin. I decided I had enough of the perch and trolled the swimbait to areas I have had more success with bigger fish. No luck. I was back off the water by 930 or so and had a great start to my morning.

Update on new launch there. It is still closed. They filled all the crazy holes in the "road" back there. I heard though they are not going to open it until they pave a road all the way down. I'm not sure of this but just what I heard. Have a great weekend everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I enjoyed reading your report, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Solleys cove

I live 10 minutes away from there. Can't wait for it to open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Working...
      X