Rough Weather Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Weather Blitz

Today I started with plan A went through to plan E. First I wanted to snakehead fish, but I needed to get a 9am covid test to travel for my honeymoon later this week (Woo! Aruba!). Then I thought about hitting Prospect Bay, and thought it wouldn't be good because of the late start. Then I wanted to troll from Maritime Museum to Tolley Point and check out that area, but when I went out the water was pretty rough. THEN I tried fishing the jetties along the beach and didn't see much. Finally, I went up to Horn Point. I started out fishing with perch jigs and quickly got busted off by something big, either a striper or a catfish. I beefed up the gear to a heavier leader and bigger jig and found lots of stripers hiding under the docks, most in the 15-18-inch size bracket. On 10lb test with a rabbit fur jig, that is a lot of fun catching fish after fish. Not sure how many total, but definitely upwards of 20 stripers, some nice sized perch mixed in with it, a channel catfish, and a cownose ray that grabbed a jig sitting in the water off the back of the boat.

Quite an enjoyable day overall

Wow.

That's impressive to have so many backup plans.

I rarely make a Plan B much less actually employ one!

Congrats on your multiple attempts and your many successes today.

You certainly earned those fish you caught.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPetr View Post
      Today I started with plan A went through to plan E. First I wanted to snakehead fish, but I needed to get a 9am covid test to travel for my honeymoon later this week (Woo! Aruba!). Then I thought about hitting Prospect Bay, and thought it wouldn't be good because of the late start. Then I wanted to troll from Maritime Museum to Tolley Point and check out that area, but when I went out the water was pretty rough. THEN I tried fishing the jetties along the beach and didn't see much. Finally, I went up to Horn Point. I started out fishing with perch jigs and quickly got busted off by something big, either a striper or a catfish. I beefed up the gear to a heavier leader and bigger jig and found lots of stripers hiding under the docks, most in the 15-18-inch size bracket. On 10lb test with a rabbit fur jig, that is a lot of fun catching fish after fish. Not sure how many total, but definitely upwards of 20 stripers, some nice sized perch mixed in with it, a channel catfish, and a cownose ray that grabbed a jig sitting in the water off the back of the boat.

Quite an enjoyable day overall
      That's a hell of a lot of paddling! Glad it worked out for you.
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
      X