Kayak Fishing Eastern Shore 06-23-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing Eastern Shore 06-23-2021

I decided to joy the weather and take a mental brake from work. The weather was great. Low winds. The water temps in the Eastern Bay was 79 to 80 degrees. The water was slightly stained from the rains the night before. I circled the whole area and finally found some perch, my target species for this trip. Unfortunately, even if I caught around 50 perch in 4 hours, they were on the small side (6 to 8.5 inches). I also caught a dozen schoolie stripers under 16 inches. As the day wore on, I managed to locate some bigger perch in the 9 to 10 inch range, but they were far and few in between. This trip was a C&R trip for me. Despite the smaller size of the catch . It was just nice to be in the water.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

I went out in the South River down by Quiet Waters and only got one small croaker on Fishbites. I had several perch hit but were too small for the hook. I saw a nice size Rock break water within 10 feet of me and kept throwing a paddle tail jig at him but he wasn't interested. Water visibility looked to be like 6 to 8 inches.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
    X