In-person talk on Shallow Water, Light Tackle kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-person talk on Shallow Water, Light Tackle kayak fishing

Things are gradually moving back toward pre-Covid activities. One such thing is having in-person meetings of local fishing clubs. I was invited to speak at the July 21 meeting of the Annapolis Anglers Club. The meeting begins at 7:00 at the American Legion Post 7 in Crownsville. Any interested person is welcome to attend the meeting.

My talk is called "Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing". I will speak about how I fish from my kayak in shallow water using light tackle. I fished over 200 days in 2020, and through June 30 of this year, I have already fished more than 90 days and caught 47 different species of fish.

shallow water talk - july21.jpg

The talk will describe the types of rods, reels, line, leader, knots, and lures I use. It will then describe the fishing methods I use, including casting and retrieving lures, light tackle trolling, and occasionally bait fishing. The presentation will include numerous photos of the fish I have caught, the types of habitats I look for, and the gear that was used. The talk will conclude with several short videos showing really large fish I have caught from a kayak.

I hope to see some Snaggedline friends at the meeting.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Is that 7 pm?
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
      Is that 7 pm?
      Yes - 7:00 pm on July 21. The American Legion has food and drinks available for purchase.
      John Veil
      Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Do you have to be a member?
        Steve
        Edgewater, MD

2020 Hobie Passport-Seagrass

Comment

Originally posted by SRHSFootball View Post
          Do you have to be a member?
          No - you do not need to be a member. According to their website: "Annapolis Anglers Club meetings are open to the public."

I have attended several of their meetings and served as guest speaker a few times before. This group is more or less the same group that had been the Annapolis Chapter of MSSA. When MSSA folded, some of the chapter leadership set up this new fishing club. They are a good group of folks and have a nice place to hold their meetings.

The address is American Legion Post 7, 1905 Crownsville Rd, Annapolis MD 21401. This is close to the intersection of Rt 450 and Crownsville Rd.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Comment

For reference to the location:

If you’ve ever been to the Maryland Renaissance Festival, this American Legion post is almost next door.

Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mike

2020 Hobie Outback - Camo

Comment

I look forward to talking about Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing to the Annapolis Anglers Club tonight. The meeting starts at 7:00 at the American Legion post at 1905 Crownsville Rd, Annapolis. Any interested persons are welcome. If any Snaggedline members attend, please come up and say hello.
              John Veil
              Annapolis

Comment

Would love to attend, but distance and obligations prevent me from going. Hope you have a nice turn out!
                Tight lines
                Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Originally posted by ski357 View Post
                  Would love to attend, but distance and obligations prevent me from going. Hope you have a nice turn out!
                  The president of the Annapolis Anglers Club attempted to livestream my talk. His laptop battery ran out at about 21 minutes into the talk. If you are interested, the first 21 minutes can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/kevin.mcmen...34127365451649.

Now that the presentation is prepared, I am available to speak to other fishing groups on a case-by-case basis.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Comment

Great talk last night John. Very informative.
                    Moses was once a basket case, so there's hope for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X