Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta new member intro

Hi all,

I’ve been a member since 2014 and posted sporadically. I retired in June and was looking forward to participating more, but I discovered my account had posting and reply permissions turned off. Several messages to the generic admin function here resulted in nothing, no reply, response, fix, nothing. I never did anything negative, so don’t think I’m ‘one of those people’ I couldn’t figure out how to delete my old account and start over, so I got a new email and a new handle here.

I’m retired and enjoying fishing on weekdays rather than weekends now. I enjoy white perch fishing most though I’ve spent the last week targeting snakehead up on the Gunpowder without results. I reckon I have a new quest. I did get one blow up last Saturday that I’m pretty sure was a snake, but another 5 hours on the water this morning was a complete bust. The good news is that my wife loves fish and loves me getting expertise, so I’m pretty free for kayaking. I live outside of Baltimore and fish mostly in the Severn, Rhode and Magothy. But I’m on the quest for snakehead so I will be expanding my fishing areas.

Anyway, just wanted to let folks know that the new guy isn’t totally new, just more time and a different name now.

Ted

Welcome to the retired fishing club, midweek is a beautiful thing. Glad to have you back.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Welcome Ted, I am going to semi retire this winter. The gunpowder can be tough to find snakes in. I think the bow hunters are keeping their numbers down. In my 2 trips on the gunpowder this year I caught 7 bass, 1 crappie and hooked 2 snakeheads and landed 1. My one trip last year i was 1 for 1. I caught the snakes and bass on mepps spinners. There are snakes in those other rivers you mentioned.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks. Mike O congrats on your upcoming semi retirement. I highly recommend it. The mouth/estuary of the gunpowder is a big and thick place. I fished mainly in the grass and ‘seaweed’ infested areas which didn’t leave much opening for a spinner, except right along the shore. I used mostly a frog, a craw and a swim shad. Oh well, I’ve got the time to keep looking for other areas.

Comment

Congrats on your retirement and welcome back to the group! Sorry we missed your messages but life's been busy.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

No problem, all good now.

Comment

Working...
            X