Signage at Tucker St launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signage at Tucker St launch

The Tucker Street launch in West Annapolis is a convenient launch location to get into Weems Creek, the Severn River, and other nearby tidal creeks and ponds. For years signs were posted noting that the launch was for the use of Annapolis residents only. I was there this morning and noticed new signs. They may have been there for a while, but this was my first viewing of them.

2021-04-11-004.jpg

The signs no longer mention Annapolis residents. They note that this is a public small boat landing. The red and white sign talks about leaving a small boat at the landing, and the blue and white sign talks about needing to have a City of Annapolis permit for parking boat trailers. The parking restrictions apply not only to Tucker St, but to all of West Annapolis.

For those of you who cartop kayaks to Tucker St and are not Annapolis residents, the new signs seem to remove any doubt about whether you can use the launch. As a courtesy to the residents, please park only in designated spaces, don't leave a mess, and try to be quiet if you launch early in the morning.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Thanks John,

One of those, or a similar sign has been up for a month or so. It’s good to remove doubt, as well as some of the trailer congestion on that street.

Ted

Comment

That's great news. I've always launched from Jonas Green when I wanted to fish Weems and while its not that far, it can be a sketchy crossing if there's wind, waves, and/or a lot of boat traffic.
      Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
      Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Comment

Working...
      X