Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeport closed until tornado trees blocking launch path cleared

Hello all,

The tornado took out a lot of trees on Church Creek. Some of them dropped across the Homeport Farm Park launch path. Homeport is closed until Rec & Parks clears the path.

I think our nice shaded launch path is no longer shaded.

Lisa

Thanks for sharing this information Lisa.

I've gone to Homeport and had to turn around and go elsewhere because the usual combination lock was not on the gate, instead it was locked with a keyed lock only. I've also gone to Homeport and found the launch completely washed out and had to navigate my heavy kayak over a >1 foot concrete curb onto rocks below. Both issues resolved quickly after an email to Parks and Rec. Glad I won't be adding tornado damage to my list of Homeport mishaps
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Update: I've been told Homeport Farm Park has re-opened. I haven't yet been down to see it myself. I have seen some photos and that nice shaded launch path is a lot sunnier now.

Lisa

Comment

I stopped by Homeport this week. The tornado damage is shocking. The tornado ripped right down the side of the launch path and took out all the trees on the right side of the path.

The park is open again, the launch path is clear and the beach is usable, if a bit messed up.

Usual lock code gate procedure: https://www.aacounty.org/locations-a...port-farm-park

FYI

Lisa

Comment

Here's post-tornado photos. The upper part of Homeport is almost untouched. The trees along the side of the launch path are destroyed. Homeport is open and usable.

Homeport Post Tornado 4 Small JPG.jpg
          Homeport Post Tornado 3 Small JPG.jpg
          Homeport Post Tornado 2 Small JPG.jpg
          Homeport Post Tornado 1 Small JPG.jpg
          Homeport Portapottie Post Tornado Small JPG.jpg

Comment

Wow, that is almost unrecognizable
            Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
            2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...