Talk on shallow water, light tackle kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk on shallow water, light tackle kayak fishing

Last July I was asked by the Annapolis Anglers Club to speak to their group on Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing. Since nearly all my fishing is done from my kayaks, the talk was focused on fishing from kayaks. Today I received an invitation to speak to the Greater Baltimore Chapter of CCA. The talk will be Thurs, Oct 7 and will cover the same topics. Details on time and place can be seen below.

cca talk.jpg

The talk will describe kayak fishing primarily in tidal areas less than 5 feet deep, and the types of rods, reels, line, leader, knots, and lures I use. It also describes the fishing methods I use, including casting and retrieving lures, light tackle trolling, shallow water jigging (bottom bouncing), and occasionally bait fishing. The presentation will include numerous photos of the fish I have caught and the gear that is used. I hope to see some Snaggedline members at the meeting.

shallow water talk - july21.jpg
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

That sounds like a lot of fun and also very educational. I will be there if possible. Thank you John

Comment

Working...
    X