Newland Park Landfill Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newland Park Landfill Pond

Does anyone know anything about this in Salisbury, MD? Is it open to the public? Any tips on fishing? Thanks!

Originally posted by yeajeets View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this in Salisbury, MD? Is it open to the public? Any tips on fishing? Thanks!
    I was allowed to fish it one time in a charity tournament. It is not public, and is patrolled by the County Sheriff’s Dept. for trespassers. It is the borrow pit for the County landfill. It is stocked with trophy bass as a catch and release recreational area for the county employees. You must have permission to fish there from the head of the County Land Fill. It is a really cool place in that it is fed by the underground aquifer known as the paleo channel. Crystal clear fresh water 15-20’ in some areas. Hard to say what is the biggest bass that has ever been caught there, but I would guess close to state record. The best I could do in the one one day tournament was a little under 5 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
      I was allowed to fish it one time in a charity tournament. It is not public, and is patrolled by the County Sheriff’s Dept. for trespassers. It is the borrow pit for the County landfill. It is stocked with trophy bass as a catch and release recreational area for the county employees. You must have permission to fish there from the head of the County Land Fill. It is a really cool place in that it is fed by the underground aquifer known as the paleo channel. Crystal clear fresh water 15-20’ in some areas. Hard to say what is the biggest bass that has ever been caught there, but I would guess close to state record. The best I could do in the one one day tournament was a little under 5 lbs.
      Ah, my tax dollars at work. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X